Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Applying patch for Samba version 4.1.17 Post 303000859 by anaigini45 on Friday 21st of July 2017 05:58:26 AM
Old 07-21-2017
I just did some research on how patches are applied in Debian, and they suggest downloading the main package; in this case it is "Samba".
Then cd into the downloaded directory, and run

Code:
# ls debian/patches

to see all available patches. This is because to install a new patch like what I want, then all the other patches have to be installed also. However, when I do the same, there is no "debian/patches" folder in the Samba directory.

Does this mean that there are no other patches for Samba, and I can just go ahead and install the patch above?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to disply the patch version ?!

Hi , I need to collect all information about the patches in my server , I want to know what is the required patch and how to apply it. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArabOracle.com
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i see kernel patch version?

Hello experts. How can i see kernel patch version? what are advantages applying that patch? Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Command to know the Patch Version

Hi, Is there any command to know the patch version?Suppose i installed RTlinux patch in rethat linux.How can i know the patch version installed?Any helps appreciated. Thanks, Sathi. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathiyaraj V
2 Replies

4. Solaris

What kind of steps should be followed while applying patch in real time?

Hi, As in the solaris material i know that the patch is added through the command "patchadd <patch no.>". But i need to know, what are all the steps we have to follow while applying a patch in a production server. My friend says that we have to detach mirror before applying patch and not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Applying Recommended Patch Cluster to Whole Root Zone

Hi there, Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already but I've not been able to find the thread. Question: Is it possible to apply the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster to a whole root (non-global) zone locally? I.E. apply the patch cluster from the non-global in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nm146332
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart and Applying Recommended Patch Cluster

I'm trying to setup our jumpstart server to automatically apply the latest patch cluster during installs, but I'm running into an issue. Every time Jumpstart runs it has this error. Obviously it's processing the patch_order file, so I'm not sure what I'm missing. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

Patch For SAMBA.

Hi guys, Question: I downloaded a security update for samba: samba-3.0.7-CAN-2004-0882.patch The question is how can I get in installed? I cannot find instructions anywhere and it is not a tar file. Little help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typical steps to be followed while applying an application patch upgrade on linux

what are the typical steps used by system adminstrators while applying an application patch upgrade (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Samba version on HP-UX

I am running HP-UX 11iv3 March 2013 release. smbstatus -V #output Version 3.4.3 based HP CIFS Server A.03.01.03 What exactly version i am running? is it 3.4.3 or A.03.01.03? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lamoul
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Recompile the kernel after applying a patch in Ubuntu.

I have applied a patch using this command: patch -p1 < (file) then I did git commit -a. Now I want to recompile the kernel for making this patch live. Should I use make oldconfig or make localmodconfig After that, make -j$(grep -c "processor" /proc/cpuinfo) sudo make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BHASKAR JUPUDI
1 Replies
diff2patches(1)                                                                                                                    diff2patches(1)

NAME
diff2patches - Extract non-debian/ patches from .diff.gz files SYNTAX
diff2patches filename diff2patches --help|--version DESCRIPTION
Extracts patches from .diff.gz which apply to files outside the "debian/" directory scope. A patch is created for each modified file. Each patch is named according to the path of the modified file, with "/" replaced by "___", and an extension of ".patch". OPTIONS
filename Extract patches from filename which apply outside the "debian/" directory. --help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. FILES
debian/control Existence of this file is tested before any patch is extracted. debian/ debian/patches/ Patches are extracted to one of these directories. "debian/patches/" is preferred, if it exists. If DEB_PATCHES is present in the environment, it will override this behavior (see "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" section below). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEB_PATCHES When defined and points to an existing directory, patches are extracted in that directory and not under "debian/" nor "debian/patches/". SEE ALSO
combinediff(1) AUTHOR
Raphael Geissert <atomo64@gmail.com> Raphael Geissert <;atomo64@gmail.com> diff2patches(1)