Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax problem Oracle
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Syntax problem Oracle Post 303000818 by bdby on Thursday 20th of July 2017 07:54:59 AM
Old 07-20-2017
Morning
This output is not what I was looking for. The correct answer can be found in the user_ tables.

connect as HR
Code:
SQL> col table_name format a30
select  table_name,  num_rows counter
from  user_tables
order by  table_name;SQL>   2    3
 TABLE_NAME                        COUNTER
------------------------------ ----------
COUNTRIES                              25
DEPARTMENTS                            27
EMPLOYEES                             107
JOBS                                   19
JOB_HISTORY                            10
LOCATIONS                              23
REGIONS                                 4
 7 rows selected.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I was asking but you made a good point about explicit and implicit cursors which I will read up on. I was writing this procedure just to get this same answer but at a different way.

Regards

Last edited by Scott; 07-20-2017 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oracle like syntax required

m kinda new to unix. i have been trying to write a script where i am trying to switch between users. but the problem is that the syntax like USERNAME/PASSWORD (like oracle SCOT/TIGER) is not working. if i write su USERNAME then the script goes to the command prompt and asks for user to enter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellBoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CShell Syntax Problem

Hi guys, Basically I'm trying to write a CShell script that calls an awk script on a given directory (given in command-line). I keep getting a syntax error with my code though: #!/bin/csh set dir = $ARGV foreach file ( $dir/* ) set output = 'awk -f /Desktop/aal $file' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROFL
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Problem with awk

Hello, I have perl script,which take some part of data in the file. the below command works fine in normal cmd prompt. `awk '/CDI/ && // && !/Result for/ {print $3 $5 > "final.txt"}' datalist.txt`; `nawk -F"" '{print $2}' finalcdi.txt`; But not working. Please use code tags, thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
PG_DELETE(3)															      PG_DELETE(3)

pg_delete - Deletes records

SYNOPSIS
mixed pg_delete (resource $connection, string $table_name, array $assoc_array, [int $options = PGSQL_DML_EXEC]) DESCRIPTION
pg_delete(3) deletes records from a table specified by the keys and values in $assoc_array. If $options is specified, pg_convert(3) is applied to $assoc_array with the specified options. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. o $table_name - Name of the table from which to delete rows. o $assoc_array - An array whose keys are field names in the table $table_name, and whose values are the values of those fields that are to be deleted. o $options - Any number of PGSQL_CONV_FORCE_NULL, PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV, PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE, PGSQL_DML_EXEC, PGSQL_DML_ASYNC or PGSQL_DML_STRING combined. If PGSQL_DML_STRING is part of the $options then query string is returned. When PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV or PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE is set, it does not call pg_convert(3) internally. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Returns string if PGSQL_DML_STRING is passed via $options. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_delete(3) example <?php $db = pg_connect('dbname=foo'); // This is safe, since $_POST is converted automatically $res = pg_delete($db, 'post_log', $_POST); if ($res) { echo "POST data is deleted: $res "; } else { echo "User must have sent wrong inputs "; } ?> CHANGELOG
+-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.6.0 | | | | | | | No longer experimental. Added PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE | | | constant, TRUE/ FALSE and NULL data type support. | | | | |5.5.3/5.4.19 | | | | | | | Direct SQL injection to $table_name and Indirect | | | SQL injection to identifiers are fixed. | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pg_convert(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_DELETE(3)