Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Converct fat pc to thin client Post 303000798 by popcoern on Thursday 20th of July 2017 02:41:35 AM
Old 07-20-2017
I want no desktop
I dont understand how to do it
I am new in Linux

Sent from my SM-J5108 using Tapatalk

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

configuring same /bash for 4 computer which is thin client

i m doing project on LAN TELEPHONY in Red Hat linux i have files as datbase to store the user name and passeord an all other information. Now i have thin client at my college. so to access /dev/dsp for audio is not possible on server. So i have written code which run on /base since it has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using jdbc:thin in bash

Hi I want to include in my script a test for DB connection with jdbc:thin connection string(not using tnsnames.ora) For example:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdan2000
3 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

slim window manager for a thin client

hi I'm looking for a slim and quite comfortable window manager for a unix/linux thin client? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FAT-Client Server installation

I'm going to build a Fat-Client server, I have planed to Use Ubuntu.11.4. Please Help me for doing this. What are the packages I need to install? What is the step I need to follow, what needs to be configure in LDAP Server,DHCP Server and etc, Is there and Document or tutorial ? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange FAT filesystem

My Garmin GPS device has a slot for an SD card. I'm using a 32 GB SD card which holds 22 GB data currently. If I attach my device to a USB port it shows two devices, the internal memory and the SD card. I have no problems with the internal memory which holds only 2 GB of data. I can mount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HJarausch
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Sun Ray 1g thin client Software?

Hello! I acquired a Sun Ray 1g thin client and i want to connect it to my Linux machine but i m having some difficulty finding software for it (sun ray server). After some recearch i fount that the software can be downloaded from Oracle ,but only if i have support for it ,which i dont :p.Also i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotseman
2 Replies
LIPO(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   LIPO(1)

NAME
lipo - create or operate on fat files SYNOPSIS
lipo [-info] [-detailed_info] [-arch arch_type input_file] ... [ input_file] ... [-create] [-thin arch_type] [-replace arch_type file- name] ... [-remove arch_type] ... [-extract arch_type] ... [-extract_family arch_type] ... [-output output_file] [-segalign arch_type value] ... DESCRIPTION
The lipo command creates or operates on ``fat'' (multi-architecture) files. It only ever produces one output file, and never alters the input file. The operations that lipo performs are: listing the architecture types in a fat file; creating a single fat file from one or more input files; thinning out a single fat file to one specified architecture type; and extracting, replacing, and/or removing architec- tures types from the input file to create a single new fat output file. Only one option can be specified, with the exception of -arch, -output, and -segalign, which are used in combination with other options. The input_file argument is required, and only the -create option allows more than one input_file to be specified. The -output flag must be used, except with the -info and -detailed_info flags. The arch_type arguments may be any of the supported architecture names listed in the man page arch(3)exceptforVAXandMips. OPTIONS
-info Briefly list the architecture types in the input fat file (just the names of each architecture). -detailed_info Display a detailed list of the architecture types in the input fat file (all the the information in the fat header, for each archi- tecture in the file). -arch arch_type input_file Tells lipo that input_file contains the specified architecture type. The -arch arch_type specification is unnecessary if input_file is an object file, a fat file, or some other file whose architecture(s) lipo can figure out. -output output_file Specifies its argument to be the output file. -create Take the input files (or file) and create one fat output file from them. -thin arch_type Take one input file and create a thin output file with the specified arch_type. -replace arch_type file_name Take one fat input file; in the output file, replace the arch_type contents of the input file with the contents of the specified file_name. -remove arch_type Take one fat input file and remove the arch_type from that fat file, placing the result in the output file. -extract arch_type Take one fat input file and copy the arch_type from that fat file into a fat output file containing only that architecture. -extract_family arch_type Take one fat input file and copy all of the arch_types for the family that arch_type is in from that fat file into an output file containing only those architectures. The file will be thin if only one architecture is found or fat otherwise. -segalign arch_type value Set the segment alignment of the specified arch_type when creating a fat file containing that architecture. value is a hexadecimal number that must be an integral power of 2. This is only needed when lipo can't figure out the alignment of an input file (cur- rently not an object file), or when it guesses at the alignment too conservatively. The default for files unknown to lipo is 0 (2^0, or an alignment of one byte), and the default alignment for archives is 4 (2^2, or 4-byte alignment). SEE ALSO
arch(3) Apple Computer, Inc. October 23, 1997 LIPO(1)