Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the original file size of encrypted file Post 303000771 by vsachan on Wednesday 19th of July 2017 12:28:21 PM
Old 07-19-2017
Thanks rbatte1....its working and giving me the result. But it is very slow, if it is a large file.Could you help me to find is there any way we can make the execution fast for this command.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file by size

Hi, Can somebody PLEASE help me. Suppose I want to find a file which has largest no of bytes in a particular directory, How do i do that. ls -s will give the size of Blocks. But I want the largest sized file and in bytes or KB OR MB. tHANKS IN advanvce. Bye Rooh :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size of a file

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the Original size of the file without unzipping the File?

Hi, I don't have enough space on my Unix Box. So, I can't unzip the file and check the size of the file. So, I need to know, Is there any command, to check, how much the unzipped file takes after unzipping. Thanks in Advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get original file size of zipped file

Hi, I have a process which creates files and gzip all the files. Next day, i need to get the file sizes ( before zip size ) of all the gzipped files. Is there any way i can get the original file sizes of gzipped files. Gunzipping the files, getting the file size and gzipping again is not the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Find GPG Keys In Encrypted File With Out Decrypting it?

Hello All, Is there a way to determine how many public keys are embedded or used to encrypt in a GPG file with out decrypting the actual encrypted file. I know i can see the keys & email id's used when we decrypt it, but curious to find a command if any to know with out decrypting the actual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies
Module::Install::External(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Module::Install::External(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::External - Specify dependencies on external non-Perl things DESCRIPTION
"Module::Install::External" provides command that allow you to declaratively specify a dependency on a program or system that is not Perl. The commands it provides are similar to those in Module::Install::Can, except that they implement an explicit dependency, in addition to just working out if the particular thing is available. COMMANDS
requires_xs requires_xs; The "requires_xs" command explicitly specifies that a C compiler and the perl header files are required in order to build (at make-time) the distribution (specifically XS files). It does not take any params, and aborts the Makefile.PL execution in a way that an automated installation or testing system will interpret as a "NA" ("not applicable to this platform") result. This may be changed to an alternative abort result at a later time. Returns true as a convenience. requires_external_cc requires_external_cc; The "requires_external_cc" command explicitly specifies that a C compiler is required in order to build (at make-time) the distribution. It does not take any params, and aborts the Makefile.PL execution in a way that an automated installation or testing system will interpret as a "NA" ("not applicable to this platform") result. This may be be changed to an alternative abort result at a later time. Returns true as a convenience. requires_external_bin requires_external_bin 'cvs'; The "requires_external_bin" command takes the name of a system command or program, similar to the "can_run" command, except that "requires_external_bin" checks in a way that is a declarative explicit dependency. The takes a single param of the command/program name, and aborts the "Makefile.PL" execution in a way that an automated installation or testing system will interpret as a "NA" ("not applicable to this platform") result. Returns true as a convenience. TO DO
Work out how to save the external dependency metadata, in agreement with the larger Perl community. Implement the agreed external dependency metadata solution. AUTHORS
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Module::Install COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 Module::Install::External(3pm)