Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Changing file extension names Post 303000638 by MadeInGermany on Monday 17th of July 2017 02:47:12 AM
Old 07-17-2017
Strip a .gz and add .filtered
Code:
... > "${i%.gz}.filtered"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing file names to lowercase

hey guys having some trouble figuring this out. my program is supposed to take a name of a directory as a command line argument and change the filenames inside that directory to lowercase. what i dont get is how you access that directory and go thru all the files and change the filenames... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 30177005
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the extension of the file

I have a list of files in a particular folder Example: File name - sample.F1.test I want to change the extension of the above file to .csv The final file should be renamed as sample.csv (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar803
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing file extension

Hello, everyone! :] I'm having an issue with my camera/uploading to Photobucket. When my camera transfers it's photos to my hard drive, it transfers them as .JPG. Unfortunately, when I go to upload to my Photobucket account, it only accepts .jpg & .jpeg files. Every time I want to upload, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spidydude
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing file extension

Hello all, I need to change file extension for all .doc files to .txt file in multiple folders. I know the way to rename them by going to each folder and doing that, but I need something which I can run from home directory so that It does the renaming in all the nested directories. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

I have lot of files whose names are something like the following. I want to change the name of all the files from 'npt02' to 'n02'. npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p01-16x12drw.tpf npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p01-8x6drw.back npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p01-8x6drw-bst-mis.xy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Changing file names

I have written a csh script that changes the name of file from src to dst. I am getting the error below: TESTAmvfiles DONE TESTAmvfiles set: Variable name must begin with a letter. The csh script is: #!/bin/csh #... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file extension in csh alias

I want to type only the filename of a gcc source that has ".syn" as an extension and copy it, changing the extension to ".c" so it can be compiled. I do it as follows: if (-e $1.syn) then /bin/cp $1.syn $1.c endif This works fine, but if I want to repeat the compilation by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ygmwayne
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

I have file names as shown and want to change the name to have only the first four numbers. /home/chrisd/Desktop/nips/nips_2013/5212-learning-feature-selection-dependencies-in-multi-task-learning.pdf /home/chrisd/Desktop/nips/nips_2013/5213-parametric-task-learning.pdf... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

I have a series of files as follows file-1.pdf file-2.pdf file-3.pdf file-4.pdf file-5.pdf file-6.pdf file-7.pdf I want to have the file names with odd numbers starting from an initial number, for example 2000. The result would be the following: file-2001.pdf file-2003.pdf... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

sac_pzs_iv_epoz_hhe__2013.074.14.40.46.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999 sac_pzs_iv_epoz_hhn__2013.074.14.40.46.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999 sac_pzs_iv_epoz_hhz__2013.074.14.40.46.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999 sac_pzs_iv_haga_hhe__2006.111.00.00.00.0000_2599.365.23.59.59.99999... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)