Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Assign a particular value to all items in a group that have the same identifier Post 303000535 by Egy on Thursday 13th of July 2017 06:32:32 PM
Old 07-13-2017
That worked! Thanks very much.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File creation and auto-group assign

How do I make a file automatically get assigned a group that the user that created it is in? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhinge
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

3. Solaris

-sh: is not an identifier

Hi , I am getting the following message when log into my unix account in sun solaris (version5.9)server. -sh: ORACLE_HOME=/apps/oracle/product/10.2.0/client_1: is not an identifier The ORACLE_HOME is set in .profile file. Another thing is that SID is also set inside .profile like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: megh
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

not an identifier

Hi I have already gone through this topic on this forum, but still i am getting same problem. I am using solaris 10. my login shell is /usr/bash i have got a script as below /home/gyan> cat 3.cm #!/usr/bin/ksh export PROG_NAME=rpaa001 if i run this script as below , it works fine... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanibaba
3 Replies

6. Solaris

how to assign group policy to user in solaris

hi, how to assign group policy to user in solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meet2muneer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

is not an identifier

Hi Guys... I am using the following codes in my script: SID_L=`cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab|grep -v "^#"|cut -f1 -d: -s` SID_VAR=$SID_L for SID_RUN in $SID_VAR do ORACLE_HOME=`grep ^$SID_RUN /var/opt/oracle/oratab | \ awk -F: '{print $2}'` ;export ORACLE_HOME export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

9. AIX

Restvg does not assign the correct PP size to volume group

hello, i am running an AIX6.1 machine and i am trying to restore a volume group that i backed up using mkvgdata command from another server. although i checked file .data and i make sure that PP size for this volume group is 128, when i run restvg command to restore it, it fails because it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies
pnmdepth(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmdepth(1)

NAME
pnmdepth - change the maxval in a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmdepth newmaxval [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Scales all the pixel values, and writes out the image with the new maxval. Scaling the colors down to a smaller maxval will result in some loss of information. Be careful of off-by-one errors when choosing the new maxval. For instance, if you want the color values to be five bits wide, use a max- val of 31, not 32. One important use of pnmdepth is to convert a new format 2-byte-per-sample PNM file to the older 1-byte-per-sample format. Before April 2000, essentially all raw (binary) format PNM files had a maxval less than 256 and one byte per sample, and many programs may rely on that. If you specify a newmaxval less than 256, the resulting file should be readable by any program that worked with PNM files before April 2000. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 08 April 2000 pnmdepth(1)