Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Connect GPS to serial port AIX 5.x Post 303000472 by Corona688 on Wednesday 12th of July 2017 04:57:03 PM
Old 07-12-2017
9600 n81 isn't actually what it's called in UNIX though, just the colliqual use, plus there are lots more options to consider.

What did you actually see, and what did you actually do?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Serial port problem

I am working with solaris 9 sparc and I want to connect physical device in serial port but when I am connecting it,It is showing the error window saying-- So can any1 tell me the reason or is there any package I have to add to work with serial port??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

2. AIX

Serial port in AIX

Hi, How can i configure my modem in AIX thru serial port (sa0-->tty0) I have two port serial card configured as sa0 I created tty1 which port is tty0 and which port is tty1 how can i know?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing serial port

A neighbour's Ubuntu 10.04 machine has five serial ports, one on the motherboard and four on a PCI card. However, only four cards are showing: # dmesg | grep tty console enabled serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A 00:08: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with serial port

Hi, I have a external board connected to my serial port. I need to execute "shutdown -r now" command when system boot up. When system boots up it requires a username ans password. Then I need to run my command. I can use rc script but that is rebooting system before it asks for username and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie.arya
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to change from tty03 to tty00 serial port in AIX 5.x?

Hi, We use AIX 5.x, and we have an application that use the info from a server through a serial port tty00. Some days ago, we bought a new two port serial board, and the server assign this new ports as tty02 and tty03, and leaves tty00 and tty01 as unavailable. We cant modify the program and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
4 Replies

9. Linux

Connect from USB to serial port of switch

I have someone wanting to connect to the serial management port of a switch from a PC running CentOS6. The management port on the switch is apparently baud 9600, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit & no parity They have plugged in a cable to connect and the output from lsusb is:-Bus 001 Device 001: ID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
sttydefs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      sttydefs(1M)

NAME
sttydefs - maintain line settings and hunt sequences for TTY ports SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sttydefs -a ttylabel [-b] [-f final-flags] [-i initial-flags] [-n nextlabel] /usr/sbin/sttydefs -l [ttylabel] /usr/sbin/sttydefs -r ttylabel DESCRIPTION
sttydefs is an administrative command that maintains the line settings and hunt sequences for the system's TTY ports by making entries in, and deleting entries from the /etc/ttydefs file. sttydefs with a -a or -r option may be invoked only by the super-user. sttydefs with -l may be invoked by any user on the system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a ttylabel Add a record to the ttydefs file, using ttylabel as its label. The following describes the effect of the -b, -n, -i, or -f options when used in conjunction with the -a option: -b Enable autobaud. Autobaud allows the system to set the line speed of a given TTY port to the line speed of the device connected to the port without the user's intervention. -f final-flags Specify the value to be used in the final-flags field in /etc/ttydefs. final-flags must be in a format recognized by the stty command. final-flags are the termio(7I) settings used by ttymon after receiving a successful connection request and immediately before invoking the service on the port. If this option is not specified, sttydefs will set final-flags equal to the termio(7I) flags 9600 and sane. -i initial-flags Specify the value to be used in the initial-flags field in /etc/ttydefs. initial-flags must be in a format recog- nized by the stty command. These flags are used by ttymon when searching for the correct baud rate. They are set prior to writing the prompt. If this option is not specified, sttydefs will set initial-flags equal to the termio(7I) flag 9600. -n nextlabel Specify the value to be used in the nextlabel field in /etc/ttydefs. If this option is not specified, sttydefs will set nextlabel equal to ttylabel. -l[ttylabel] If a ttylabel is specified, sttydefs displays the record from /etc/ttydefs whose TTY label matches the specified ttylabel. If no ttylabel is specified, sttydefs displays the entire contents of /etc/ttydefs. sttydefs verifies that each entry it displays is correct and that the entry's nextlabel field references an existing -r ttylabel Remove any record in the ttydefs file that has ttylabel as its label. OUTPUT
If successful, sttydefs will exit with a status of 0. sttydefs -l will generate the requested information and send it to standard output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample of sttydefs command. The following command lists all the entries in the ttydefs file and prints an error message for each invalid entry that is detected. example# sttydefs -l The following shows a command that requests information for a single label and its output: example# sttydefs -l 9600 ------------------------------------------------------------------ 9600:9600 hupcl erase ^h:9600 sane ixany tab3 hupcl erase ^h::4800 ------------------------------------------------------------------ ttylabel: 9600 initial flags: 9600 hupcl erase ^h final flags: 9600 sane ixany tab3 hupcl erase ^h autobaud: no nextlabel: 4800 The following sequence of commands will add the labels 1200, 2400, 4800, and 9600 and put them in a circular list: sttydefs -a 1200 -n 2400 -i 1200 -f "1200 sane" sttydefs -a 2400 -n 4800 -i 2400 -f "2400 sane" sttydefs -a 4800 -n 9600 -i 4800 -f "4800 sane" sttydefs -a 9600 -n 1200 -i 9600 -f "9600 sane" FILES
/etc/ttydefs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), termio(7I) SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 sttydefs(1M)