Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search for words starting and ending with Post 303000408 by RudiC on Tuesday 11th of July 2017 05:54:18 PM
Old 07-11-2017
Nice approach. You might want to add a plus sign or a star to allow for multiple words. And, not sure if two or more adjacent minus signs are acceptable?
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: reg.expr: combine starting and ending removal in one exprecion

Hello, I am new in perl and in regular exprecion; so I am looking for help (or an experienced advise.) The target is a triming spaces from a string: i.e., remove spases from begining and from end of a string. One of main point of a searched solution is performance: for current task it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words starting from a matching word in a line

Hi Guys, I have a file like this: wwwe 1 ioie ewew yyy uuu 88 erehrlk 4 ihoiwhe lkjhassad lkhsad yyy mmm 45 jhash lhasdhs lkhsdkjsn ouiyrshroi oihoihswodnw oiyhewe yyy ggg 77 I want to remove everything after "yyy" and including "yyy" from each line in the file. So I want:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement to check files with different ending but same starting name

I am trying to check if files staring with filename but ending with diffent dates e.g. filename.2011-10-25. The code I am using is below if It works find only if one file is present but returns binary operator expected when there are mulptiple files. Please help me correcting it. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pring starting and ending numbers using UNIX

Hi all, I need to do scrip for printing starting and ending numbers along with count in given file.:wall: Input: a.txt 10000030 10000029 10000028 10000027 10000026 10000024 10000023 10000021 10000018 10000018 10000017 10000016 10000015 10000014 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackbell2013
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words starting with a pattern from a file

Hi Guys.. I have a file and i want to extract all words that starts with a pattern 'ABC_' or 'ADF_' For example, ABC.txt ---- INSERT INTO ABC_DLKFJAL_FJKLD SELECT DISTINCT S,B,C FROM ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8 A, ABC_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF B WHERE A.FI=B.EI; COMMIT; Output : ABS_DLKFJAL_FJKLD,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a list of words one per line by their ending

Hello, My OS is Windows and therefore DOS. Hence I have no access to Unix tools. I am trying to sort a file in Urdu by the character by which it ends. Each word is on a separate line. As input, an example in English would help: fruit banana apple pear house I need the sort to be on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print words starting at particular positions

I have three words say abc def and ghi. I want to write them in a text file each starting (not ending) at particular positions say 1, 42 and 73. It is guaranteed that they will not overwrite. Length of the three variable may vary. Any help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to column starting/ending with special character in each row

Hello, Here is my text data excerpted from the webpage: input My target is to get: What i tried is: sed 's/.*\(connector\)/1/' input > output but all characters coming before the word "connector" are deleted which is not good for me. My question: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the words starting with 3-

OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 Shell : bash I have a file whose contents look like below. I want to count the number of occurences of strings starting with 3-. How can I do this ? I couldn't wordwrap the below line. Hence it looks long. '3-90892405251', '3-90892911050', '3-90893144163',... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
SSGREP(1)							       GNOME								 SSGREP(1)

NAME
ssgrep - search spreadsheets for strings SYNOPSIS
ssgrep [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the ssgrep command. ssgrep is a command line utility to search for strings in spreadsheets of any format supported by gnumeric. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with single letter options starting with a single dash (`-') and longer options starting with two dashes (`--'). Options controlling input file handling --recalc Recalculate all cells Options controlling patterns and pattern matching -f, --keyword-file=FILE The path to a text file containing one key per line -i, --ignore-case Ignore differences in letter case -w, --word-regexp Match only whole words -F, --fixed-strings Pattern is a set of fixed strings -R, --search-results Search results of expressions too -v, --invert-match Search for cells that do not match Options controlling output in general -c, --count Only print a count of matches per file -L, --files-without-matches Print filenames without matches -l, --files-with-matches Print filenames with matches -q, --quiet Suppress all normal output -H, --with-filename Print the filename for each match -h, --without-filename Do not print the filename for each match -n, --print-locus Print the location of each match -T, --print-type Print the location type of each match Help options -V, --version Display ssgrep's version -?, --help Display the supported options --usage Display a brief usage message EXAMPLE
To search for the string "SUM" in the file foo.gnumeric : ssgrep SUM foo.gnumeric To search for the strings from the file keywords in the spreadsheet foo.xls : ssgrep --keyword-file=keywords foo.xls LICENSE
ssgrep is licensed under the terms of the General Public License (GPL), version 2. For information on this license look at the source code that came with the software or see the GNU project page <http://www.gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
The copyright on ssgrep and the gnumeric software and source code is held by the individual authors as is documented in the source code. AUTHOR
ssgrep's primary author is Jody Goldberg <jody@gnome.org>; ssgrep builds on the gnumeric codebase. The initial version of this manpage was based on ssindex.1 by J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) <jdassen@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
beagled(1), gnumeric(1), ssconvert(1), ssindex(1) The Gnumeric Homepage <http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/>. The GNOME project page <http://www.gnome.org/>. gnumeric 2009-02-08 SSGREP(1)