Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Why no header file is OK for implementation? Post 303000398 by Corona688 on Tuesday 11th of July 2017 01:18:18 PM
Old 07-11-2017
I see no reference to fastq.cpp or fastq.o in the makefile, so I think that file just isn't compiled at all.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Horizontal sorting of lines in a File: SED implementation?

Hi guys, Do you know how can I sort a file horizontally per line??? sample input file: zebra papa dog apple yahoo kangaroo ape sample output: apple dog papa zebra ape kangaroo yahoo Please post if u know the sed implementation of this (or whatever implementation u may know of)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
7 Replies

2. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each file

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing one file header with another file header

Hi Experts, In our project we have requirement where in we have to compare header of one file with header in the parameter file. There are 20 files which we ftp from one site. All this files have different header. We are comapring this file with our parameter file(which is having the header... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
Bio::Tools::Run::Maq(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Bio::Tools::Run::Maq(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Tools::Run::Maq - Run wrapper for the Maq short-read assembler *BETA* SYNOPSIS
# create an assembly $maq_fac = Bio::Tools::Run::Maq->new(); $maq_assy = $maq_fac->run( 'reads.fastq', 'refseq.fas' ); # if IO::Uncompress::Gunzip is available... $maq_assy = $maq_fac->run( 'reads.fastq.gz', 'refseq.gz'); # paired-end $maq_assy = $maq_fac->run( 'reads.fastq', 'refseq.fas', 'paired-reads.fastq'); # be more strict $maq_fac->set_parameters( -c2q_min_map_quality => 60 ); $maq_assy = $maq_fac->run( 'reads.fastq', 'refseq.fas', 'paired-reads.fastq'); # run maq commands separately $maq_fac = Bio::Tools::Run::Maq->new( -command => 'pileup', -single_end_quality => 1 ); $maq_fac->run_maq( -bfa => 'refseq.bfa', -map => 'maq_assy.map', -txt => 'maq_assy.pup.txt' ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides a wrapper interface for Heng Li's reference-directed short read assembly suite "maq" (see http://maq.sourceforge.net/maq-man.shtml <http://maq.sourceforge.net/maq-man.shtml> for manuals and downloads). There are two modes of action. o EasyMaq The first is a simple pipeline through the "maq" commands, taking your read data in and squirting out an assembly object of type Bio::Assembly::IO::maq. The pipeline is based on the one performed by "maq.pl easyrun": Action maq commands ------ ------------ data conversion to fasta2bfa, fastq2bfq maq binary formats map sequence reads map to reference seq assemble, creating assemble consensus convert map & cns mapview, cns2fq files to plaintext (for B:A:IO:maq) Command-line options can be directed to the "map", "assemble", and "cns2fq" steps. See "OPTIONS" below. o BigMaq The second mode is direct access to "maq" commands. To run a "maq" command, construct a run factory, specifying the desired command using the "-command" argument in the factory constructor, along with options specific to that command (see "OPTIONS"): $maqfac->Bio::Tools::Run::Maq->new( -command => 'fasta2bfa' ); To execute, use the "run_maq" methods. Input and output files are specified in the arguments of "run_maq" (see "FILES"): $maqfac->run_maq( -fas => "myref.fas", -bfa => "myref.bfa" ); OPTIONS
"maq" is complex, with many subprograms (commands) and command-line options and file specs for each. This module attempts to provide commands and options comprehensively. You can browse the choices like so: $maqfac = Bio::Tools::Run::Maq->new( -command => 'assemble' ); # all maq commands @all_commands = $maqfac->available_parameters('commands'); @all_commands = $maqfac->available_commands; # alias # just for assemble @assemble_params = $maqfac->available_parameters('params'); @assemble_switches = $maqfac->available_parameters('switches'); @assemble_all_options = $maqfac->available_parameters(); Reasonably mnemonic names have been assigned to the single-letter command line options. These are the names returned by "available_parameters", and can be used in the factory constructor like typical BioPerl named parameters. See http://maq.sourceforge.net/maq-manpage.shtml <http://maq.sourceforge.net/maq-manpage.shtml> for the gory details. FILES
When a command requires filenames, these are provided to the "run_maq" method, not the constructor ("new()"). To see the set of files required by a command, use "available_parameters('filespec')" or the alias "filespec()": $maqfac = Bio::Tools::Run::Maq->new( -command => 'map' ); @filespec = $maqfac->filespec; This example returns the following array: map bfa bfq1 #bfq2 2>#log This indicates that map ("maq" binary mapfile), bfa ("maq" binary fasta), and bfq ("maq" binary fastq) files MUST be specified, another bfq file MAY be specified, and a log file receiving STDERR also MAY be specified. Use these in the "run_maq" call like so: $maqfac->run_maq( -map => 'my.map', -bfa => 'myrefseq.bfa', -bfq1 => 'reads1.bfq', -bfq2 => 'reads2.bfq' ); Here, the "log" parameter was unspecified. Therefore, the object will store the programs STDERR output for you in the "stderr()" attribute: handle_map_warning($maqfac) if ($maqfac->stderr =~ /warning/); STDOUT for a run is also saved, in "stdout()", unless a file is specified to slurp it according to the filespec. "maq" STDOUT usually contains useful information on the run. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Mark A. Jensen Email maj -at- fortinbras -dot- us APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new() Title : new Usage : my $obj = new Bio::Tools::Run::Maq(); Function: Builds a new Bio::Tools::Run::Maq object Returns : an instance of Bio::Tools::Run::Maq Args : run Title : run Usage : $assembly = $maq_assembler->run($read1_fastq_file, $refseq_fasta_file, $read2_fastq_file); Function: Run the maq assembly pipeline. Returns : Assembly results (file, IO object or Assembly object) Args : - fastq file containing single-end reads - fasta file containing the reference sequence - [optional] fastq file containing paired-end reads Note : gzipped inputs are allowed if IO::Uncompress::Gunzip is available run_maq() Title : run_maq Usage : $obj->run_maq( @file_args ) Function: Run a maq command as specified during object contruction Returns : Args : a specification of the files to operate on: stdout() Title : stdout Usage : $fac->stdout() Function: store the output from STDOUT for the run, if no file specified in run_maq() Example : Returns : scalar string Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) stderr() Title : stderr Usage : $fac->stderr() Function: store the output from STDERR for the run, if no file is specified in run_maq() Example : Returns : scalar string Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) Bio::Tools::Run::AssemblerBase overrides _check_sequence_input() No-op. _check_optional_quality_input() No-op. _prepare_input_sequences Convert input fastq and fasta to maq format. _collate_subcmd_args() Title : _collate_subcmd_args Usage : $args_hash = $self->_collate_subcmd_args Function: collate parameters and switches into command-specific arg lists for passing to new() Returns : hash of named argument lists Args : [optional] composite cmd prefix (scalar string) [default is 'run'] _run() Title : _run Usage : $factory->_run() Function: Run a maq assembly pipeline Returns : depends on call (An assembly file) Args : - single end read file in maq bfq format - reference seq file in maq bfa format - [optional] paired end read file in maq bfq format available_parameters() Title : available_parameters Usage : @cmds = $fac->available_commands('commands'); Function: Use to browse available commands, params, or switches Returns : array of scalar strings Args : 'commands' : all maq commands 'params' : parameters for this object's command 'switches' : boolean switches for this object's command 'filespec' : the filename spec for this object's command 4Geeks : Overrides Bio::ParameterBaseI via Bio::Tools::Run::AssemblerBase perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Tools::Run::Maq(3pm)