Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Search for words starting and ending with Post 303000365 by RudiC on Tuesday 11th of July 2017 07:14:13 AM
Old 07-11-2017
Try
Code:
grep -E "[[:digit:]]+(-[[:alnum:]]+)+\." file
 19458 00000-CONTROL-PARA.
 26531 50048-CHECK-IF-FS-FAIL-4-QR7.
 26862 50053-CHECK-INDV-RCV-TFS.
 26862 50053-CHECK-INDV-RCV-TFS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: reg.expr: combine starting and ending removal in one exprecion

Hello, I am new in perl and in regular exprecion; so I am looking for help (or an experienced advise.) The target is a triming spaces from a string: i.e., remove spases from begining and from end of a string. One of main point of a searched solution is performance: for current task it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all words starting from a matching word in a line

Hi Guys, I have a file like this: wwwe 1 ioie ewew yyy uuu 88 erehrlk 4 ihoiwhe lkjhassad lkhsad yyy mmm 45 jhash lhasdhs lkhsdkjsn ouiyrshroi oihoihswodnw oiyhewe yyy ggg 77 I want to remove everything after "yyy" and including "yyy" from each line in the file. So I want:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement to check files with different ending but same starting name

I am trying to check if files staring with filename but ending with diffent dates e.g. filename.2011-10-25. The code I am using is below if It works find only if one file is present but returns binary operator expected when there are mulptiple files. Please help me correcting it. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pring starting and ending numbers using UNIX

Hi all, I need to do scrip for printing starting and ending numbers along with count in given file.:wall: Input: a.txt 10000030 10000029 10000028 10000027 10000026 10000024 10000023 10000021 10000018 10000018 10000017 10000016 10000015 10000014 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackbell2013
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract words starting with a pattern from a file

Hi Guys.. I have a file and i want to extract all words that starts with a pattern 'ABC_' or 'ADF_' For example, ABC.txt ---- INSERT INTO ABC_DLKFJAL_FJKLD SELECT DISTINCT S,B,C FROM ADF_DKF_KDFJ_IERU8 A, ABC_LKDJFREUE9_FJKDF B WHERE A.FI=B.EI; COMMIT; Output : ABS_DLKFJAL_FJKLD,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a list of words one per line by their ending

Hello, My OS is Windows and therefore DOS. Hence I have no access to Unix tools. I am trying to sort a file in Urdu by the character by which it ends. Each word is on a separate line. As input, an example in English would help: fruit banana apple pear house I need the sort to be on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print words starting at particular positions

I have three words say abc def and ghi. I want to write them in a text file each starting (not ending) at particular positions say 1, 42 and 73. It is guaranteed that they will not overwrite. Length of the three variable may vary. Any help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to column starting/ending with special character in each row

Hello, Here is my text data excerpted from the webpage: input My target is to get: What i tried is: sed 's/.*\(connector\)/1/' input > output but all characters coming before the word "connector" are deleted which is not good for me. My question: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the words starting with 3-

OS : Oracle Linux 6.5 Shell : bash I have a file whose contents look like below. I want to count the number of occurences of strings starting with 3-. How can I do this ? I couldn't wordwrap the below line. Hence it looks long. '3-90892405251', '3-90892911050', '3-90893144163',... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
lookbib(1)						      General Commands Manual							lookbib(1)

Name
       indxbib, lookbib - build inverted index for a bibliography, lookup bibliographic references

Syntax
       indxbib database...
       lookbib database

Description
       The  makes  an inverted index to the named databases (or files) for use by and These files contain bibliographic references (or other kinds
       of information) separated by blank lines.

A bibliographic reference is a set of lines, constituting fields of bibliographic information.  Each field starts on a line beginning  with
       a  ``%'',  followed  by	a key-letter, then a blank, and finally the contents of the field, which may continue until the next line starting
       with ``%''.

The command is a shell script that calls and The first program, truncates words to 6 characters, and maps upper case  to  lower	case.	It
       also  discards words shorter than 3 characters, words among the 100 most common English words, and numbers (dates) < 1900 or > 2000.  These
       parameters can be changed.  The second program, inv, creates an entry file (.ia), a posting file (.ib), and a tag file (.ic),  all  in  the
       working directory.

The command uses an inverted index made by to find sets of bibliographic references.  It reads keywords typed after the ``>'' prompt on the
       terminal, and retrieves records containing all these keywords.  If nothing matches, nothing is returned except another ``>'' prompt.

It is possible to search multiple databases, as long as they have a common index made by In that case, only the first argument given to	is
       specified to

If  does  not  find the index files (the .i[abc] files), it looks for a reference file with the same name as the argument, without the suf-
       fixes.  It creates a file with a '.ig' suffix, suitable for use with It then uses this fgrep file to find references.  This method is  sim-
       pler to use, but the .ig file is slower to use than the .i[abc] files, and does not allow the use of multiple reference files.

Files
       x.ia, x.ib, x.ic, where x is the first argument, or if these are not present, then x.ig, x

See Also
       addbib(1), lookbib(1), refer(1), roffbib(1), sortbib(1),

lookbib(1)