Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX/Linux inventory - Open Source Post 303000260 by RudiC on Friday 7th of July 2017 01:13:54 PM
Old 07-07-2017
Usually your package manager (e.g. synaptic for Ubuntu) does exactly this, albeit for the node only that it manages.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

need open source KB software for UNIX

Anyone know of a good open source Knowledge Base software for UNIX that can connect to an Oracle back end? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJ45
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux open source for admin

Hi, I have created my VM lab on redhat linux, but giving me error after updating new yum repository, its asking me for subscription. I want want switch my redhat linux lab from VM, which linux open source will be best to perform admin commands and tasks?? If possible , please provide iso file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
2 Replies

3. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)