Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX/Linux inventory - Open Source Post 303000251 by denisloide on Friday 7th of July 2017 11:29:58 AM
Old 07-07-2017
UNIX/Linux inventory - Open Source

Hello guys,

I need an open source tool that can list all the softwares installed in my unix/linux servers, the tool should list all the softwares installed and the current version, grouped by the hostname, anybody know any solution for this specific problem?

Thanks guys, have a good day!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

need open source KB software for UNIX

Anyone know of a good open source Knowledge Base software for UNIX that can connect to an Oracle back end? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJ45
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux open source for admin

Hi, I have created my VM lab on redhat linux, but giving me error after updating new yum repository, its asking me for subscription. I want want switch my redhat linux lab from VM, which linux open source will be best to perform admin commands and tasks?? If possible , please provide iso file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
2 Replies

3. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
stl_inv(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							stl_inv(4)

NAME
stl_inv - setld inventory file format DESCRIPTION
Each software product that is distributed as subsets for the setld(8) command has an associated inventory file. This inventory file is created by the kits(1) utility. The inventory file's name consists of the product's unique 3-letter name with the string .inv for a suf- fix. The inventory file contains one record for each subset in the kit. Each record contains the following twelve fields in order, sepa- rated by TAB characters: Flags The per-file software management flag, a 16-bit unsigned integer Size The actual number of bytes in the file Checksum The modulo-65536 checksum of the file. Hard links, directories, FIFOs, and sockets have 00000 in this field. uid The user ID of the file's owner gid The group ID of the file's owner Mode The 6-digit octal representation of the file's mode Date The file's last modification date Revision The version code of the product that includes the file Type A letter that describes the file: b Block device c Character device d Directory containing one or more files f Regular file. For regular files with a link count greater than one, see file type l. l Hard link. There are other files in the same inventory which have the same inum. The first of these files in ASCII collating sequence is listed in the referent field. p Named pipe (FIFO) s Symbolic link = UNIX domain socket Pathname The dot-relative (./) pathname of the file Link-to For file types l and s, the path to which the file is linked; for types b and c, an integer representing the major and minor num- bers of the device; for all other types, none Subset name The name of the subset containing the file RESTRICTIONS
Fields must be separated by TAB characters. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: setld(8) Functions: stat(2) Documents: Guide to Preparing Product Kits delim off stl_inv(4)