Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Use of Cartoonsin Cartoons for Geeks Post 303000195 by Margaret P on Thursday 6th of July 2017 06:52:37 AM
Old 07-06-2017
Use of Cartoonsin Cartoons for Geeks

I am an educator teaching online courses for a state educational college. I came across the cartoons in the "Cartoons for Geeks" thread and I was wondering if I might use some of them as attention grabbers in my UNIX/Linux course?

TV_FIND_GRABBERS(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      TV_FIND_GRABBERS(1p)

NAME
tv_find_grabbers - Find all XMLTV grabbers that are installed on the system. SYNOPSIS
tv_find_grabbers --help tv_find_grabbers [-I <dir>] [--slow] [capability] ... DESCRIPTION
tv_find_grabbers searches the PATH for XMLTV grabbers and returns a list of all grabbers that it finds. The list contains one entry per line in the format /usr/bin/tv_grab_fr|France i.e. the name of the executable and the region that it serves, separated by a vertical bar. OPTIONS
-I <dir> Include a directory in the search for grabbers. May be used multiple times. The default is to search the PATH. --slow When checking grabbers, compile and run them instead of searching their source code for capabilities and description --verbose Print progress information to STDERR. AUTHOR
Mattias Holmlund, mattias -at- holmlund -dot- se. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Mattias Holmlund. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2010-11-22 TV_FIND_GRABBERS(1p)