Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with grouping and zipping Post 303000171 by paul1234 on Wednesday 5th of July 2017 02:55:29 PM
Old 07-05-2017
Hi Ravinder ,
Just to clarify 1,2,3,4 are the new folders to be created on the fly in a totally different path say /dirM/XX according to the grouping names in(Column 4)
In the above example:
Code:
folders F19,F20 should move to new folder "1" as per their group name in column 4 (new folder name should be same as group name) and then zipped as 1.zip
folders F23,C25,X25 should move to new folder "2" as per their group name in column 4 (new folder name should be same as group name) and then zipped as 2.zip
folders A23,Z25,Y25 should move to new folder "3" as per their group name in column 4 (new folder name should be same as group name) and then zipped as 3.zip

Last edited by zaxxon; 07-06-2017 at 04:11 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping

Hi In unix i want to zip the files in a directory excluding *.dmp, *.log, *.lst, *.out files in that directory. pls let me know what command to use. $zip ........ ? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

zipping files

Dear Experts, I need a script which will zipped the files older than 2 days. but i dont want to use find . * -mtime 2. Is there is any other method to achive this task. i will ececute the script daily. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files?

how would i zip a file? what does zip mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping and moving

Hi, I have got the script which find out the file that was modified 3 days ago now i want that all the files which fall into this category to be get zipped and then send to another directory...plz can u suggest me for that or any commands (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: SARAL SAXENA
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help With zipping a file

Hi I need to zip a file and move it into another folder along with the timestamp. The orginal file must be removed from the source directory Source : folder1/source12.txt folder2 After zipping Folder1/Folder2/source12.zip Any help will be greatly appreciarted ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zipping files

Hi All, I have a scenario where in am using uuencode to send a txt file as an excel to end users( email attachment).I have 7 different files and these files are sent as emails 7 times... So my question is, can i not zip all the 7 files at once and attach those files in a single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping files

Hi Guys, The script below works but it creates a zip folder under 123_arch.zip -- test1 -- orig1.txt -- orig2.txt -- orig3.txt -- orig4.txt I don't want the sub directory test1 but everything under the base *arch name I can not create a long name with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GaryP1973
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zipping without extension

I currently have a code that find and zip all files in current folder and zip it, the problem is the name of the zip will include the extension as well and I don't want it. for ex: Volvo-red.swf -> Volvo-red.swf.zip find . -maxdepth 1 -type f ! -name ".*" -exec bash -c 'zip -r "$0.zip"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frozen77
6 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help with Grouping and zipping folders

Hi can you please help with the below ? source file: Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F19,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F20,1 abc,123,dir1/FXX/F23,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/C25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/X25,2 abc,123,dir1/FXX/A23,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Z25,3 abc,123,dir1/FXX/Y25,4 I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paul1234
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zipping

Good Morning, I'd like to archive an old user's files in the home directory on Solaris 9 Will this work? cd home tar -zcvf jsmitharchive.tar.gz jsmith/ ---------- Post updated at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:33 AM ---------- Also- is the last /necessary (after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies
NEW(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)