Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array compare bash script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array compare bash script Post 303000162 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 5th of July 2017 12:18:13 PM
Old 07-05-2017
I have updated my post#3 - the original code did not report mismatches-only.
Your short script only checks in one direction.
You can run the df on the desired target only:
Code:
for i in ...
do
  if df "$i" 2>/dev/null >&2
  then
  fi
done

Or without stat() and statfs()
Code:
for i in ...
do
  if </etc/mtab awk -v fs="$i" '$2==fs {exit 1}'
  then
  fi
done

--
Regarding your error "Stale NFS handle" is correct, the printing of the many ???? on standard output is a Linux bug IMHO.
The server revoked its NFS share. Maybe it reshared with a new NFS handle. Try to remount it
Code:
umount /var/spool/asterisk/monitor
mount /var/spool/asterisk/monitor

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 07-05-2017 at 01:23 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Perl In Bash Script To Compare Floationg Points

Is there a way to compare two floating points numbers in a bash script using perl? I've tried just using a bash if statement and it doesn't seem to support floating point numbers. Can the perl line read vars from bash then output a var to bash? a=1.1 #from bash b=1.5 #from bash if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file to array, replace with corresponding second array

ok, so here is the issue, I have 2 arrays. I need to be able to create a loop that will find ${ARRAY1 in the text doc, and replace it with ${ARRAY2 then write the results. I already have that working. The problem is, I need it to do that same result across however many items are in the 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentlefury
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare 2 file

Hello Friends please help me to create script to compare 2 fiile which has rpm info . File 1: glibc-2.12.1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm File 2 : glibc-2.12.123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm To compare file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rnary
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array problem in Bash Script

I am trying to write a Bash Script using a couple of arrays. I need to perform a countdown of sorts on an array done once daily, but each day would start with the numbers from the previous day. This is what I'm starting with : #!/bin/bash days=(9 8 7 6 5) for (( i = 0 ; i < ${#days} ; i++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date bash script

I all I have written a bash script for compare two date. One of those is a result of query, and another is current date. I have a problem with the format, because the first is 09/12/19 18:50:30 but for having this result I have to do d1DB=$(date -d "$valData" +'%m/%d/%y %T') and the second... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdie77
9 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)