Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array compare bash script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array compare bash script Post 303000108 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 4th of July 2017 11:17:41 AM
Old 07-04-2017
IFS includes a newline, so you do not need xargs to convert newline to a space character.
My script sample needs a sorted input.
For example
Code:
ARRAY2=($(df -Pk | awk '$6~/^[/]/{print$6}' | sort)) # df
ARRAY=($(awk '/^[^#]/ && $2~/[/]/ && $3!~/devpts|sysfs|proc/{print $2}' /etc/fstab | sort)) # fstab

BTW df does unneeded stat() and statfs(), a mount -v would be less overhead.

---------- Post updated at 10:17 ---------- Previous update was at 10:14 ----------

Please avoid unneeded cat! If you want to have /etc/fstab first in the line then do
Code:
ARRAY=($( </etc/fstab awk '/^[^#]/ && $2~/[/]/ && $3!~/devpts|sysfs|proc/{print $2}' | sort)) # fstab

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Perl In Bash Script To Compare Floationg Points

Is there a way to compare two floating points numbers in a bash script using perl? I've tried just using a bash if statement and it doesn't seem to support floating point numbers. Can the perl line read vars from bash then output a var to bash? a=1.1 #from bash b=1.5 #from bash if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare two lists

Hi, I do little bash scripting so sorry for my ignorance. How do I compare if the two variable not match and if they do not match run a command. I was thinking a for loop but then I need another for loop for the 2nd list and I do not think that would work as in the real world there could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file to array, replace with corresponding second array

ok, so here is the issue, I have 2 arrays. I need to be able to create a loop that will find ${ARRAY1 in the text doc, and replace it with ${ARRAY2 then write the results. I already have that working. The problem is, I need it to do that same result across however many items are in the 2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentlefury
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & Copy Directories : Bash Script Help

Beginner/Intermediate shell; comfortable in the command line. I have been looking for a solution to a backup problem. I need to compare Directory 1 to Directory 2 and copy all modified or new files/directories from Directory 1 to Directory 3. I need the directory and file structure to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rod
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to compare 2 file

Hello Friends please help me to create script to compare 2 fiile which has rpm info . File 1: glibc-2.12.1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm File 2 : glibc-2.12.123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm glibc-common-2.12-123.el6_6.5.x86_64.rpm To compare file1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rnary
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array problem in Bash Script

I am trying to write a Bash Script using a couple of arrays. I need to perform a countdown of sorts on an array done once daily, but each day would start with the numbers from the previous day. This is what I'm starting with : #!/bin/bash days=(9 8 7 6 5) for (( i = 0 ; i < ${#days} ; i++... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script to compare file all the files exits or not

Currently i am building a script like based on region parameter it will filter the records in config file and then it will create a text file like ab.txt and it will read the path location in that file and now i need to compare the files name in the config file to files in the path of the config... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saranath
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare date bash script

I all I have written a bash script for compare two date. One of those is a result of query, and another is current date. I have a problem with the format, because the first is 09/12/19 18:50:30 but for having this result I have to do d1DB=$(date -d "$valData" +'%m/%d/%y %T') and the second... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdie77
9 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)