Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Match exactly a string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match exactly a string Post 303000037 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 3rd of July 2017 09:38:32 AM
Old 07-03-2017
Hello prohank,

Could you please try following and let me know if this goes good.
Code:
awk '{sub(/ +==/," == ");print}'   Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Better way to match string within a string

Hi, I'm trying to get one field out of many as follows: A string of multiple fields separated with "/" characters: "/ab=12/cd=34/12=ab/34=cd/ef=pick-this.one/gh=blah/ij=something/" I want to pick up the field "ef=pick-this.one" which has no regular pattern except it starts with "ef=xxxx"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do mask off the string that match my value?

Hi, I have a file like following, aaabb aaavv bbdddaaab fgdgjhaa bfd 12352aa dgs1xaf sdgsdyg4 How can i get the output below(mask off all the line that have "a") by using vim #aaabb #aaavv #bbdddaaab #fgdgjhaa bfd #12352aa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match in a string

Hello, Please see below line code: #!/bin/ksh set -x /usr/bin/cat /home/temp |while read line do if ] then echo "matched" else echo "nope" fi done content of filr temp is as below (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I match the particular character in the string?

Hi, I want to check out a word in the text file and generate a clear report for me to see... The text file content: Content: ............ 20120608: 20120608: ............ 20120608: .......... 2012031201: , hime] End of the file My expected output is: Full TXT: manatsu TXT:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meroko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print everything after a string match

Hi all, I'm trying to do some work on the authorized_keys file to do a check if there's any information after the hash key.. At the end of the hash key's in the file, there can be an = or == Is there a way to check if anything exists after these equals and if so print it out or else print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a string but with little difference

I want to output the records matched with a string like "abcdefg", but with one letter difference at any position. Can I do this with awk or grep? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xshang
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the exact match of the string!

Hi All, I am breaking my head in trying to get a command that will exactly match my given string. I have searched net and found few of the options - grep -F $string file grep -x $string file grep "^${string}$" file awk '/"${string}"/ {print $0}' file strangely nothing seems to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help match the exact string

I just want to match "binutils1_test" only, and print the match line only lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010:/tmp$ cat file zbinutils1_test bbinutils1_test binutils1_test w-binutils1_test lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010:/tmp$ cat file |grep -w 'binutils1_test' ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)