Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Appending a column in xlsx file using Python Post 303000014 by nans on Monday 3rd of July 2017 03:59:47 AM
Old 07-03-2017
Code:
                while cpos:
                    if (dict_pos.has_key(cpos)):
                        NG = dict_pos[cpos]
                        print dict_pos[cpos]
                    else:
                        NG = 'Unknown_' + datetime.now().strftime("%B") + datetime.now().strftime("%Y")
                    row_no += 1
                    print row_no
                    cpos = Scores(POS=cell_pos.value, ALT=cell_alt.value, REF=cell_ref.value)
                    #print cpos
                wb.save(sheet_xl_file)

Im not able to print the row no either as
Code:
 print dict_pos[cpos]

goes into a loop. I dont know how to proceed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a column in one file to the corresponding line in a second

It appears that this has been asked and answered in similar fashions previously, but I am still unsure how to approach this. I have two files containing user information: fileA ttim:/home/ttim:Tiny Tim:632 ppinto:/home/ppinto:Pam Pinto:633 fileB ttim:xkfgjkd*&#^jhdfh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suzannef
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending 'string' to file as first column.

Hi , I have the below file with 6 columns.I want to append 'File1' as the 1 column to the file. i have the sample code .It is not working . can u please correct this or make new one ..... awk 'print {'File1',$1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6}' Source_File> Result_File Source_File:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending column file

Hi all, I have two files with the same number of lines the first file is a.dat and looks like 0.000 1.000 1.000 2.000 ... the fields are tab separated the second file is b.dat and looks like 1.2347 0.546 2.3564 0.321 ... the fields are tab separated I would like to have a file c.dat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending date value mmdd to first column in file

Hi , I have a file with a running sequence number. I need to append a date value mmdd format on to the first column. for e.g.: The file contains records as 001 abc 002 cde 003 edf 004 fgh 005 hik The output should be 1111001 abc 1111002 cde 1111003 edf 1111004 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kalyansid
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending new column to existing files

Hi, i want to add another column to existing files containing strings and need to have the final output as a csv file. i have quite a number of files, each with varying number of rows and i need to append the string "test" for all the valid rows for each file. my sample raw files looks like this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending a column of numbers in ascending order to a text file

I have a text file where I want to append a column of numbers in ascending orders. Input: 57 abc 25 def 32 ghi 54 jkl Output:57 abc 57 abc 1 25 def 2 32 ghi 3 54 jkl 4 How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending column to rows

Hi All, Input.txt KGO Id "003" .......... .......... Par "CPara" BIN RECGET Name "DIR_PATH" Prompt "DIR_PATH" END RECGET KGO ............ .......... ............... KGO Id "077" .......... .......... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending = in particular column in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to append = in particular row in csv file. Data in csv is as follow: row1,a,a,a row2,b,b,b row3,c,c,c row4,d,d,d csv should be modified at row3 and no. of columns are not fixed but rows are. output should be as: row1,a,a,a row2,b,b,b row3,=c,=c,=c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python soap and string to .xlsx conversion

Hi experts - I'm relatively new to python, but I have an requirement to automate getting a file from a WebLib server using an API. The file I'm requesting from this sever is an excel spreadsheet (.xlsx). I get a valid response back via an xml doc from the server. In this xml file I get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to insert data into black column( Secound Column ) in excel (.XLSX) file using shell script?

Source Code of the original script is down below please run the script and try to solve this problem this is my data and I want it column wise 2019-03-20 13:00:00:000 2019-03-20 15:00:00:000 1 Operating System LAB 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubham1182
5 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	 Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal - A Visitor for breadth-first traversal a Tree::Simple hierarchy SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal; # create an visitor my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal->new(); # pass our visitor to the tree $tree->accept($visitor); # print our results print join ", " => $visitor->getResults(); # this will print this: # 1, 2, 3, 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 1.1.1 # assuming your tree is like this: # 1 # 1.1 # 1.1.1 # 1.2 # 2 # 2.1 # 3 # 3.1 DESCRIPTION
This implements a breadth-first traversal of a Tree::Simple hierarchy. This can be an alternative to the built in depth-first traversal of the Tree::Simple "traverse" method. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter" method to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the traversal as well. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are collected. This can be used to customize output, or to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResults This method returns the accumulated results of the application of the node filter to the tree. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)