Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with running a script on files located in subdirectories Post 302999972 by RudiC on Saturday 1st of July 2017 01:34:26 AM
Old 07-01-2017
I don't really understand the script. Without any context (how the script is run, what it's about, parameter values, constraints, boundary conditions) I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Where are the Areca and IPMI config files located

Hi, I'm trying to locate the config files that are installed on a Unix/Linux system that belong to programs called Areca and IPMI. Two different programs. The most information I can get from IPMI is that it may be version 1.11 from Supermicro and it's installed by a CD. I checked the CD and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edomingox
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scripting to compare N number of files located in two directories

I want to compare "N" (around 2000+) number of huge files located in a directory A against "N" files located in a different directory using Bash scripting. Please help me with any scripts available. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Where are the source files located in solaris (b 116)

Hi all, I would like to know the dir location where all the source files for various file systems are located(not the compiled ones)? I tried in /usr/src/uts , but thats as far as I can go. After this i have the i86pc but there are no .c files anywhere.... (Impossible) # find / -name *.c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running web pages located outside webserver space

I can't find any good, active Apache forums, anyone know? Either way I'll ask once here. Let's say all webpages on the server run from /var/www directory and you would like to store some webpages elsewhere on the filesystem and still the apache webserver can access them like they were located in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOW: Shell script accessing files located in individual logged in user.

Hi I have below scenario, I hope this could be possible, but as of now no idea how to implement this. Mount point in this location /abc/mp, and there will different users who will be executing one the file shell1.sh file located in /abs/mp, but every user will execute this shell1.sh file from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find & replace a multiple lines string across multiple php files and subdirectories

Hey guys. I know pratically 0 about Linux, so could anyone please give me instructions on how to accomplish this ? The distro is RedHat 4.1.2 and i need to find and replace a multiple lines string in several php files across subdirectories. So lets say im at root/dir1/dir2/ , when i execute... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: spfc_dmt
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Archive Files from Subdirectories

Hello, I have a CentOS server that contains a 'storage' directory. Within that directory, there could be any number of subfolders (all with unique names that match usernames). Under each username folder, there are two additional folders: db and files /STORAGE/user1/db/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonH
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

9. Linux

The DNS files, where are located?

Hello, please where are located DNS files on various linux distributions? Mainly im interested in CentOS (RedHat) and Ubuntu (Debian). I mean i will be changing IPs and i have registered nameservers on my domain registar and it points to OLD IP, so i need to know in which files to edit on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux command to show where bin files are located

I was having trouble remembering the linux command to show where bin files are located. I eventually figured it out from googling that it was "which". How to find command location in Linux? Since I saw a few other interesting commands like whereis and type it got me curious. Are there any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
RUN-PARTS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      RUN-PARTS(8)

NAME
run-parts - run scripts or programs in a directory SYNOPSIS
run-parts [--test] [--verbose] [--report] [--lsbsysinit] [--regex=RE] [--umask=umask] [--arg=argument] [--exit-on-error] [--help] [--ver- sion] [--list] [--reverse] [--] DIRECTORY run-parts -V DESCRIPTION
run-parts runs all the executable files named within constraints described below, found in directory directory. Other files and directo- ries are silently ignored. If neither the --lsbsysinit option nor the --regex option is given then the names must consist entirely of ASCII upper- and lower-case let- ters, ASCII digits, ASCII underscores, and ASCII minus-hyphens. If the --lsbsysinit option is given, then the names must not end in .dpkg-old or .dpkg-dist or .dpkg-new or .dpkg-tmp, and must belong to one or more of the following namespaces: the LANANA-assigned namespace (^[a-z0-9]+$); the LSB hierarchical and reserved namespaces (^_?([a-z0-9_.]+-)+[a-z0-9]+$); and the Debian cron script namespace (^[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+$). If the --regex option is given, the names must match the custom extended regular expression specified as that option's argument. Files are run in the lexical sort order (according to the C/POSIX locale character collation rules) of their names unless the --reverse option is given, in which case they are run in the opposite order. OPTIONS
--test print the names of the scripts which would be run, but don't actually run them. --list print the names of the all matching files (not limited to executables), but don't actually run them. This option cannot be used with --test. -v, --verbose print the name of each script to stderr before running. --report similar to --verbose, but only prints the name of scripts which produce output. The script's name is printed to whichever of stdout or stderr the script first produces output on. --reverse reverse the scripts' execution order. --exit-on-error exit as soon as a script returns with a non-zero exit code. --lsbsysinit use LSB namespaces instead of classical behavior. --new-session run each script in a separate process session. If you use this option, killing run-parts will not kill the currently running script, it will run until completion. --regex=RE validate filenames against custom extended regular expression RE. See the EXAMPLES section for an example. -u, --umask=umask sets the umask to umask before running the scripts. umask should be specified in octal. By default the umask is set to 022. -a, --arg=argument pass argument to the scripts. Use --arg once for each argument you want passed. -- specifies that this is the end of the options. Any filename after -- will be not be interpreted as an option even if it starts with a hyphen. -h, --help display usage information and exit. -V, --version display version and copyright and exit. EXAMPLES
Print the names of all files in /etc that start with `p' and end with `d': run-parts --list --regex '^p.*d$' /etc COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1994 Ian Jackson. Copyright (C) 1996 Jeff Noxon. Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998 Guy Maor Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Clint Adams run-parts is free software; see the GNU General Public License version 2 or later for copying conditions. There is no warranty. Debian 27 Jun 2012 RUN-PARTS(8)