Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get maximum per column from CSV file, based on date column Post 302999945 by ejianu on Friday 30th of June 2017 09:48:54 AM
Old 06-30-2017
I'll take yesterday's date with the following. Should be ok, as I don't intend to run the script close to midnight:

Code:
YESTERDAY=`TZ=GMT+24 date +%Y%m%d`;

Then I want to pass YESTERDAY to awk, but nothing I tried worked for me so far.

Then I need to calculate the maximum.
The following is not at all elegant but it works.

Code:
awk -F, '{if ($1~/20170629/) {print $9}}' file.txt | sort -nr | head -1

I'll need to do a lot more reading to do it all in awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting csv file based on column selected

Hi all, in my csv file it'll look like this, and of course it may have more columns US to UK;abc-hq-jcl;multimedia UK to CN;def-ny-jkl;standard DE to DM;abc-ab-klm;critical FD to YM;la-yr-tym;standard HY to MC;la-yr-ytm;multimedia GT to KJ;def-ny-jrt;critical I would like to group... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read CSV column value based on column name

Hi All, I am newbie to Unix I ve got assignment to work in unix can you please help me in this regard There is a sample CSV file "Username", "Password" "John1", "Scot1" "John2", "Scot2" "John3", "Scot3" "John4", "Scot4" If i give the column name as Password and row number as 4 the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnGG
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value based on another column from .csv file

My scenario is that I need to pick value from third column based on fourth column value, if fourth column value is 1 then first value of third column.Third column (2|3|4|6|1) values are cancatenated. Main imp point, in my .csv file, third column is having price value with comma (1,20,300), it has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for extracting data from csv file based on column values.

Hi all, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3 Replies

5. Linux

Filter a .CSV file based on the 5th column values

I have a .CSV file with the below format: "column 1","column 2","column 3","column 4","column 5","column 6","column 7","column 8","column 9","column 10 "12310","42324564756","a simple string with a , comma","string with or, without commas","string 1","USD","12","70%","08/01/2013",""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching values in CSV file based on column name

input.csv: Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4,Field4 abc ,123 ,xyz ,000 ,pqr mno ,123 ,dfr ,111 ,bbb output: Field2,Field4 123 ,000 123 ,111 how to fetch the values of Field4 where Field2='123' I don't want to fetch the values based on column position. Instead want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
10 Replies

7. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to select lines with maximum value of each record based on column value

Hello, I want to get the maximum value of each record separated by empty line based on the 3rd column of each row within each record? Input: A1 chr5D 634 7 82 707 A2 chr5D 637 6 82 713 A3 chr5D 637 5 82 713 A4 chr5D 626 1 82 704... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Filtering records of a csv file based on a value of a column

Hi, I tried filtering the records in a csv file using "awk" command listed below. awk -F"~" '$4 ~ /Active/{print }' inputfile > outputfile The output always has all the entries. The same command worked for different users from one of the forum links. content of file I was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunilmudikonda
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to align/sort the column pairs of an csv file, based on keyword word specified in another file?

I have a csv file as shown below, xop_thy 80 avr_njk 50 str_nyu 60 avr_irt 70 str_nhj 60 avr_ngt 50 str_tgt 80 xop_nmg 50 xop_nth 40 cyv_gty 40 cop_thl 40 vir_tyk 80 vir_plo 20 vir_thk 40 ijk_yuc 70 cop_thy 70 ijk_yuc 80 irt_hgt 80 I need to align/sort the csv file based... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
7 Replies
TM::Serializable::CSV(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				TM::Serializable::CSV(3pm)

NAME
TM::Serializable::CSV - Topic Maps, trait for parsing (and later dumping) CSV stream SYNOPSIS
# 1) bare bones my $tm = .....; # get a map from somewhere (can be empty) Class::Trait->apply ($tm, "TM::Serializable::CSV"); use Perl6::Slurp; $tm->deserialize (slurp 'myugly.csv'); # 2) exploiting the timed sync in/out mechanism my $tm = new TM::.... (url => 'file:myugly.csv'); # get a RESOURCEABLE map from somewhere $tm->sync_in; DESCRIPTION
This trait provides parsing and dumping from CSV formatted text streams. INTERFACE
Methods deserialize $tm->deserialize ($text) This method consumes the text string passed in and interprets it as CSV formatted information. What topic map information is generated, depends on the header line (the first line): o If the header line contains a field called "association-type", then all rows will be interpreted as assertions. In that the remaining header fields (in that order) are interpreted as roles (role types). For all rows in the CSV stream, the position where the "association-type" field was is ignored. The other fields (in that order) are affiliated with the corresponding roles. Example: association-type,location,bio-unit is-born,gold-coast,rumsti is-born,vienna,ramsti Scoping cannot be controlled. Also all players and roles (obviously) are directly interpreted as identifiers. Subject identifiers and locators are not (yet) implemented. o If the header line contains a field called "id", then all further rows will be interpreted as topic characteristics, with each topic on one line. The column position where the "id" field in the header is will be interpreted as toplet identifier. All further columns will be interpreted according to the following: o If the header column is named "name", the values will be used as topic names. o Otherwise if the value looks like a URI, an occurrence with that URI value will be be added to the topic. o Otherwise an occurrence with a string value will be added to the topic. Example: name,id,location,homepage "Rumsti",rumsti,gold-coast,http://rumsti.com "Ramsti",ramsti,vienna,http://ramsti.com serialize $tm->serialize [Since TM 1.53] This method serializes a fragment of a topic map into CSV. Which fragment can be controlled with the header line and options (see constructor). "header_line" (only for serialization) This string contains a comma separated list (CSV parseable) of headings. If one of the headings is "association-type", then the generated CSV content will contain associations only. Nothing else is implemented yet. The other headings control which roles (and in which order) should be included in the CSV content. If a particular role type has more than one player, then all players are included. NOTE: As this is inconsistent, this will have to change. "type" (only for serialization) If existing, then this controls which association type is to be taken. "baseuri" (only for serialization) If existing and non-zero, the base URI of the map will remain in the identifiers. Otherwise it will be removed. "specification" If existing (and when selecting only associations), this specification will be interpreted in the sense of "asserts" (see TM). Example: $tm->serialize (header_line => 'association-type,location,bio-unit', type => 'is-born', baseuri => 0); SEE ALSO
TM, TM::Serializable AUTHOR INFORMATION
Copyright 2010 Robert Barta. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.10.1 2012-06-05 TM::Serializable::CSV(3pm)