Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Script taking more time to send report to mail Post 302999936 by Maddy123 on Friday 30th of June 2017 08:23:45 AM
Old 06-30-2017
Script taking more time to send report to mail

Hi,

I schedule a script on linux server and it is taking more time say "30 minutes" to send the report via mail.

Could you please suggest a way to speed up sending report to mail?

OS version -- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)

Regards,
Maddy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

<AIX>Problem in purge script, taking very very long time to complete 18.30hrs

Hi, I have here a script which is used to purge older files/directories based on defined purge period. The script consists of 45 find commands, where each command will need to traverse through more than a million directories. Therefore a single find command executes around 22-25 mins... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SOLVED] Command line mail taking too long to send; unable to qualify my own domain name

Hello, I'm having a problem with my mail. When I send mail, it takes a long time for the send to complete. In the below, datestamp is just a simple script to put in a no-white-space date/time stamp. $ datestamp ; mail woodnt; datestamp 02-05-10@193844 Subject: test timer Cc: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help-send mail script

Hi, I have written one script for sending mails with attachment. currently its working for only one recipient. I want to send mails to n number of users by taking user input i.e number of users. Output of current script: Enter how many files : 1 Enter First Name : kiran E-Mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send mail !!

Hi Experts.. i have created a table with the fields, empid name mailid 1 raja raja@xy.com and entered the values of all persons who are in that file... i have a .csv file date shift1 shift2 6/6/2011 ram raja Now i want a script that could fetch the data in (input file .csv file) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cratercrabs
3 Replies

6. Debian

sendmail taking too much time to send a email

Hi , I'm using sendmail command to send a email. To send a email sendmail taking 3minutes to complete the process. Is there any configuration needs to be done in server or another solution is there to resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance. Regards Latika (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: latika
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script taking more time in CRONTAB

Hello All, I have created a shell script, When i run it manually as ./<script_name> it takes 5 hours to run, but when i am scheduling it in crontab, it is taking 20 hours to run. Please help me and advice, what can be done to reduce the time in crontab. Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting txt output to rows and columns and send report via mail.

Hi All, I would like to send below output in a tabular column ( xml or excel ) and send a mail. vinay unix anil sql vamsee java request to suggest a solution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail at specific calculated time interval?

Hi All, I want to send an email if the time difference from previous mail sent is more than or equal to 30 mins. I have written below code and it's working fine. In this script I am storing previous mail sent time in txt file. Instead of storing in txt file how to store in a variable.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nalu
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)