Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat? Post 302999842 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 28th of June 2017 02:45:27 PM
Old 06-28-2017
In bash try:
Code:
GLOBIGNORE=*.*.dat
ls *.dat

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two .dat files and if there is any difference pulled into a separate file

Hi, compare two .dat files and difference will be moved into separate file.if anybody having code for this please send asap. using diff command, i don't know how to write shell programming. and my first file is like this including Header and trailer 10Ç20060323Ç01(Header) 01ÇIÇbabuÇ3000 01ÇIÇbaluÇ4000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup my files to DAT

hi guys, im using tru64 unix and i want to put my files on tapes. i have already a hp DAT storage, do you have any admin guides for backup/restore procedures for these? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jefferson
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using cp -r command to selectively omit *.dat files while copying a directory.

Hi all, I want to copy a directory named Ec1 to another directory named Ec2, newly created. But Ec1 has a bunch of *.dat files and many many other kinds of files. Whle creating Ec2, I selectively want to omit the *.dat files since they are huge files of the order of 100 MBs and there are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_sai_kumar
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to view all files on DAT tape

I'm using tar and so far so good, but how can I view ALL files without having to fast forward and rewind the tape? Let's say I append 100 files onto the tape. Having to fast forward 100 times until I find the file I want is kinda tedious. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdotsen
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Script to process winmail.dat files in apple mail from outlook senders

Does anyone know of a way to automate the "massaging" of those STUPID winmail.dat files that come to Apple Mail extensions as a result from people sending mail from outlook clients? Specifically, something that would run when you attempt to open a winmail.dat file and auto extract and open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command on .DAT file not working?

Hi All, I am trying to run awk command on .DAT file and it is not working. The same command is working on .txt file: Contents of the file ZZ_55555555_444444_ZZZZZZ_7777777_888_99.DAT: HEADER|ZZ_55555555_444444_ZZZZZZ_7777777_888_99.DAT... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar.cumar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help pls...Rename .dat files

Hi, I have some .dat files in some directories , i want them to be moved to another directory by changing file names. for ex: cat > /ai/rcmid/feb_files/temp/temp.txt aaa.dat bbb.dat rm -rf main rm -rf a001 rm -rf a002 mkdir main mkdir a001 mkdir a002 touch a001/aaa.dat touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Getting distinct record count from a .dat file using UNIX command

Hi, I have a .dat file with contents like the below: Input file ============SEQ NO-1: COLUMN1========== 9835619 7152815 ============SEQ NO-2: COLUMN2 ========== 7615348 7015548 9373086 ============SEQ NO-3: COLUMN3=========== 9373086 Expected Output: (I just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MS06
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a Command in a .Dat File and use it in other Files

We have a process where we store the database password in a config file like below from where the password is picked up and used in Database Scripts ID, Password But we now have a Audit Requirement not to have the passwords in Config Files directly. We have a command which could fetch the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies
load_datafile(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_datafile(3alleg4)

NAME
load_datafile - Loads a datafile into memory. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> DATAFILE *load_datafile(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a datafile into memory in one go. If the datafile has been encrypted, you must first call packfile_password() to set the appropriate key. If the datafile contains truecolor graphics, you must set the video mode or call set_color_conversion() before loading it. Example: /* Load the resources for our game. */ DATAFILE *dat = load_datafile("game.dat"); if (!dat) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sound resources!"); /* Use resources. */ ... /* Destroy them when we don't need them any more. */ unload_datafile(dat); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the DATAFILE, or NULL on error. Remember to free this DATAFILE later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
load_datafile_callback(3alleg4), unload_datafile(3alleg4), load_datafile_object(3alleg4), set_color_conversion(3alleg4), fixup_datafile(3alleg4), packfile_password(3alleg4), find_datafile_object(3alleg4), register_datafile_object(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exdata(3alleg4), exexedat(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exunicod(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_datafile(3alleg4)