Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers GPS Device not able to read xml files Post 302999832 by raidercruz on Wednesday 28th of June 2017 12:53:37 PM
Old 06-28-2017
Thanks Corona.

Since the file "reading/deciphering" avenue doesn't look promising I will try to tackle this from the device end.

Looks like at initial startup the device pulls the system info from somewhere on the device (I see a Java jss file in there). I think that if I could "push" my info onto the device, then all my files would work. Since they probably had a tool/program, I will have to find some other way to do this.

Thanks so much everyone, my quest continues...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read or write device files

hi everybody, i am working in device drivers.As a beginner to this field ,i dont know how to read or write device files. Will copy_to_user and copy_from_user help me? I have created a device file using mknod command .Can anybody help me in this regard :confused thanks in advance sriram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read and write device registers

hello friends, While in the process of writing device drivers, i am facing problem in reading and writing device registers.I got base address of those mapped device registers. Can i add offset of those registers to that Base address to get access of those... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

read XML xml element with REGEXP

Hi, I would need to read an xml element from an xml file to a local variable. Please could you help me with a shell script to get so? Considering that I have a file called file.xml like below: <header> <description>This is the description</description> <content>This is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oscarmon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install linux on GPS device?

hi all, this might be a silly question, but... a few years ago, i bought a Nortech Navigation E-GPS010. this is a car/hand-held GPS unit that, for a while, worked pretty well. in fact, it still works well. the map version on my GPS is dated 2006, so i thought i'd upgrade; however, the crappy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd9qs
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with read data from serial device

I have problem with C programming. I want to send & receive data through serial communication. I send data(command) to device to get data from device but when receive data, it can't get altogether of data. It get only some data. What should I do to get altogether of data? If all of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: noppon_s
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line from serial device with BASH

I'm new to Linux (Ubuntu 16.04), and very new to BASH scripting. I have a Numato 8-channel USB GPIO device, which is a DAQ that appears in the system as a serial port. In Linux it appears as ttyACM0. I can easily manipulate a GPO with, for example: echo "gpio set 7" > /dev/ttyACM0 ...followed... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chalk-X
12 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_diff original_xml operation [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_diff - A utility for comparing Pacemaker configurations (XML format) The tool produces a custom (diff-like) output which it can also apply like a patch OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Original XML: -o, --original=value XML is contained in the named file -O, --original-string=value XML is contained in the supplied string Operation: -n, --new=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the named file -N, --new-string=value Compare the original XML to the contents of the supplied string -p, --patch=value Patch the original XML with the contents of the named file Additional Options: -c, --cib Compare/patch the inputs as a CIB (includes versions details) -f, --filter Suppress irrelevant differences between the two inputs EXAMPLES
Obtain the two different configuration files by running cibadmin on the two cluster setups to compare: # cibadmin --query > cib-old.xml # cibadmin --query > cib-new.xml Calculate and save the difference between the two files: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --new cib-new.xml > patch.xml Apply the patch to the original file: # crm_diff --original cib-old.xml --patch patch.xml > updated.xml Apply the patch to the running cluster: # cibadmin --patch patch.xml AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)