Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Debian 8 (Jessie): Where are the sound settings? Post 302999831 by Corona688 on Wednesday 28th of June 2017 12:50:58 PM
Old 06-28-2017
What GUI volume control is available depends on your window manager.

You could also try alsamixer / amixer in console.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this sound right?

A user's default permissions when creating new files or directories is set by the umask of either the system or in the startup script of the user itself. For example, I have 'umask 022' in my .profile which means that my default permissions will be 755. Typically, the system default umask is 022,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This is going to sound dumb but...

how do i create scripts while in unix? Could someone tell me in the format of: commands script commands or something like that or even however you feel comfortable but could you try to explain it thoroughly. just want something where i can look at it and be able to put anything i want in there.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Sound under OS 10.4.11 and 10.7.2

There is a change with UnIX version concerning these two platforms. I own a Power G4 Mac with OS 10.4.11 and a Mac Book Pro with Lion OS 10.7.2. There are some problems of compatibilities between the two UNIX versions. Under OS 10.4.11, these three UNIX commands work, in order to produce sounds,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shub22
4 Replies

4. Debian

Best RAID settings for Debian Server? Help!! (1+0 or 5 or NAS)

I am installing a Debian Server on a: HP Proliant DL380 G4 Dual CPU's 3.20 ghz / 800 mhz / 1MB L2 5120 MB RAM 6 hard disks on HP Smart Array 6i controller (36.4 GB Ultra320 SCSI HD each) I will be using this server to capture VHS video, encode, compress, cut, edit, make DVD's, rip... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

5. Linux

No sound

I reformatted my hard drive and installed Mandriva 2011. It works fine. I can go to the Internet The problem is no sound. I want to listen to songs from YouTube. Sound doesn't come. I see a man is singing on the screen. No sound. I had no problem with my old Mandriva. Sound and everything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
11 Replies

6. Red Hat

No sound in my Linux

I am not able to run any video file. Getting message something like : no audio facility. Is this may be problem of driver. If so please send me link for the same. I am working on Red Hat Fedora (Linux) (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
16 Replies

7. Debian

Problem with Wifi driver on Debian Jessie

Hi, I am Konrad , I am a new user of this forum. I am from Poland, so my English isn't good enough. So please be forgiving for me. I read about Bits club or something like that, So I don't know, that I am allowed to write here. But nevertheless I have faced with small problem with wifi driver on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kondziorek
4 Replies

8. Debian

Need to upgrade Debian 7.8 to Debian 8.5 (Not 8.5)

Hello, I need to upgrade my Debian system 7.8 to 8.5 but by default via apt-get It moves to 8.6 version(latest stable version). I'm new to Debian so didn't figure out the solution. I've checked few suggestions over internet like editing apt source list file using snapshot archive. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
2 Replies

9. Debian

Need a Debian 8 jessie archive, or a solution to create from cdrom.

I need a debian 8 jessie mipsel for create packages for my vuduo(the system is identical to a Debian 8 mipsel environment). I have some problems. I usually use Slackware14.2+crosscompile. For some packages (tcpdump,rsync) works without problem, for other(extundelete for example) not So I decide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
SND_MAESTRO3(4) 					   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					   SND_MAESTRO3(4)

NAME
snd_maestro3 -- ESS Maestro3/Allegro-1 bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_maestro3 Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_maestro3_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The snd_maestro3 driver provides support for the ESS Maestro3 and Allegro-1 sound chips under the PCM framework. These chips are mostly found in laptop computers and feature an AC97 mixer, a multi-channel sample rate converter that can mix up to four digital audio streams in hardware, recording support, and external volume control buttons. The firmware for the sound processor is licensed under the GNU Public License, and thus this driver is not included in the default GENERIC kernel. HARDWARE
The snd_maestro3 driver supports the following audio devices: o ESS Technology Allegro-1 o ESS Technology Maestro3 DIAGNOSTICS
The hardware volume control buttons can be connected to two different pin sets (GPIO or GD) on the chip, depending on the manufacturer. The driver has no way of determining this configuration, so a hint may be used to override the default guess. The default setting for hardware volume control assumes that GD pins are wired to control the hardware volume. For systems that have the GPIO pins wired to the hardware vol- ume control buttons, add the line ``hint.pcm.0.hwvol_config="0"'' to the file /boot/device.hints to override the default setting. SEE ALSO
sound(4), loader.conf(5) HISTORY
The snd_maestro3 driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.3. AUTHORS
Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org> Darrel Anderson <anderson@cs.duke.edu> BSD
December 15, 2005 BSD