Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to make this command work wihtout password prompt? Post 302999793 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 28th of June 2017 03:06:31 AM
Old 06-28-2017
ssh keys will work if you use "ssh -x adminuser@yourhostname..." instead of "su - adminuser -c ..."
But maybe sudo is more appropriate
Code:
man  sudo
man sudoers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

any way to use SU command without prompt for password

Hi, First i want to tell you i am not a administrator and everytime to run a sqlscritpt i have to login as SU in a particular account to connect to sqlplus.. I want to write a script which can make me free by doin this .. since i am having the permission for SU i want to know if i can SUDO... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myelvis
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make my command work at all times

hi all, This is a very basic question. I want to make the command work at all times. i'm working on Suse-Linux and "clear" command is used to clear the contents of screen. I want to use only "cls" instead of "clear" command. i tried alias cls=clear , but its working only for a temporary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wxwidgets
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting current work directory in Command Prompt

How to get the current working directory as part of the command prompt? Every time I chage the folder, my command prompt path shoud change. I am using Korn Shell. Any help is greatly appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su command without password prompt to non-root account

Hello. I searched the internet for answers and don't seem to find any for about a day now. My problem. I want to su to a non-root account non-interactively, e.g. if I want to temporarily become prdusr, I want to su prdusr without keying prdusr's password every time. What I want is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: royale-sojin
10 Replies

5. AIX

"/" doesn't work on command prompt for searching commands last typed

When I use "/" to look for a particular command that I typed in the current session it says D02:-/home/user1/temp> /job ksh: /job: not found. D02:-/home/user1/temp> previously it used to fetch all the commands which had job in it.. for example subjob, endjob, joblist etc... may I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetzap
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color prompt with file numbers does not work anymore

I have used this color prompt on my servers for long time, in file ~\.bashrc Black="\" Dark="\" Blue="\" LBlue="\" Green="\" LGreen="\" Cyan="\" LCyan="\" Red="\" LRed="\" Purple="\" LPurple="\" Brown="\" Yellow="\" LGray="\" White="\" Reset="\" PS1="$Yellow\u@\h $LBlue\w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Not getting command prompt after entering the login password

Hi All, I am not able to get the command prompt after entering the login password on solaris server Only access is through console. Server type : sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 bsnl-north-in > ssh 10.147.17.207 jtoin Connecting to 10.147.17.207 as user jtoin Password: Last login: Wed Mar 5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_kmehra
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL6 customizing prompt do not work

Hi, I'm trying to customize the ksh prompt for users on a RHEL 6.6 system for having user@host pwd : $ and user@host pwd # in red color for root. I think it's possible but i do not even succeded for a non root user : I added in my ~/.kshrc : PS1="Hello : " and it works but when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fundix
4 Replies

9. AIX

Sudo command prompt for a password

in the /etc/sudoer file this line was added: wtolentino ALL=(ORACLE) NOPASSWD: /bin/chmod when i tried to run this command sudo -u oracle /bin/chmod 775 /appshared/applications/lpa/executables/chrpt001.rep it prompts me for a password for example: $ pwd /appshared/applications/lpa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Kshrc custom prompt will not work

So Yesterday I switched from Solus Linux to Fedora Linux 30, but I forgot to backup some of my dotfiles including kshrc. I am fairly new to Korn shell and do not know it well, but through memory I was able to at least get this. I did use code from several different source to recreate it. The only... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoomer
13 Replies
csp_helper(1)							  USER COMMANDS 						     csp_helper(1)

NAME
      csp_helper - A collection of caspar helper scripts

SYNOPSIS
      csp_install dir (directory) file (file)

csp_mkdircp dir (directory) file (file)

csp_scp_keep_mode h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

csp_sucp h ([user@]host) dir (directory) file (file)

DESCRIPTION
      The  scripts  csp_install,  csp_mkdircp,	csp_scp_keep_mode  and csp_sucp are helpers for caspar(7). These scripts typically are not invoked
      directly, but via a Makefile which uses caspar. See the notes on	csp_PUSH  in  caspar(7)  for  information  on  how  to	link  csp_install,
      csp_scp_keep_mode and csp_sucp to caspar.

install DESCRIPTION
      csp_install creates the required directory (if needed) and installs the file, preserving timestamps. It uses install(1).

install EXAMPLES
       csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS='--owner=www-data --group=www-data' 
	csp_INSTALL_MODE=ugo=r 
	csp_install /srv/www index.html

csp_INSTALL_MODE=u=rwx,go= csp_install /usr/local/sbin mkpasswd

install ENVIRONMENT
      csp_install honors csp_INSTALL_OPTIONS and csp_INSTALL_MODE (default is u=rw,go=r).

mkdircp DESCRIPTION
      csp_mkdircp calls mkdir(1) and cp(1).

scp_keep_mode DESCRIPTION
      csp_scp_keep_mode  uses  ssh to copy a file to a remote host, keeping its file permission mode. The trick used is a combination of mktemp(1)
      and mv(1).  Useful if you'd like to be sure a file gets installed e.g. group writable, without fiddling with permission bits on  the  remote
      host.

scp_keep_mode EXAMPLE
	chmod g+w rc
	csp_scp_keep_mode root@gandalf /etc/uruk rc

scp_keep_mode ENVIRONMENT
      csp_scp_keep_mode honors csp_SSH ("ssh" by default).

sucp DESCRIPTION
      csp_sucp calls cat(1) from within sudo(1) from within ssh(1). This allows one to copy files to accounts on hosts one can only reach by call-
      ing sudo on the ssh-reachable remote host.

Typically, one wants to install a root-owned file, but one does not want to allow access to the root-account directly  from  ssh.  Typically
      sudo is used as an extra line of defense.

sucp EXAMPLES
      Some examples:

csp_sucp rms@bilbo /etc fstab

csp_sucp monty-python commit/ trailer.txt

sucp BUGS
      If  NOPASSWD  is	not  set in the sudoers(5) file, and one's timestamp is expired, csp_sucp will forward the sudo password prompt. The given
      password will be echoed on the console!

AUTHOR
      Joost van Baal-Ili

SEE ALSO
      caspar(7) The caspar homepage is at http://mdcc.cx/caspar/ .

csp_helper 20120514						      14 mai 2012						       csp_helper(1)