Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Which shell can I use on Linux? Post 302999771 by RudiC on Tuesday 27th of June 2017 04:59:33 PM
Old 06-27-2017
Then ask your admin to install the ksh- rpm.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with linux shell script

HI im a novice with shell scripts but i need help with a random script I have this folder filled with 500 different file names... I need help creating a script that will take each filename and make a new folder named that filename and then move that file into the newly created folder. Then the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emachala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Linux

In shell Can I pass " to a program ? If not what is the work around ..? Can I define * as a wild card charecter that will return all the values from the files ..? I am trying to create a tool that will return the values from a property file . This tool has to support all the wild card... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: app1sxv
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell programming in Linux

Hi, I have been working on Sun Solaris since a long time. Recently I got to work on RH Linux. My Linux version details are: Linux 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a simple command in my shell script: export BKPTAG=`date... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarparadkar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! Linux shell script

Hi all, I am trying to make a Nodemanager work in RHEL 5 I got this script from 'oraclemiddleware.wordpress.com', and made appropriate changes to suit my weblogic installation. I keep getting the error, "line 82: syntax error: unexpected end of file". I have checked every line to make sure all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrv1
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux Shell Script

Hi Guys I am new to Linux Shell Scripting . Can any one help me with this Task...files are attached for reference Task 1: write a script to generate a large size report file MX0002_new.XML by using the template MX0001_new.XML. Shell script is recomended, and it can run on Linux without... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy_1811
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Linux

Hello, Please, how can I complete this script: Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Linux shell

Taking a class and having trouble with this whole section. 1. What is the name of the action the shell performs on your command-line after you hit the ENTER key (i.e., to cut your command-line syntax into its constituent tokens, including its commands, options and arguments)? Hint: It is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: red20132014
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need some Help please with Linux shell script.

we need help with the syntax with this shell script, if you could create this shell script we can donate to a charity etc. we need to set up a directory called user3 inside directory user3 we need to create the following files : afile, anyfile, anotherfile, afiletest, bfile. bfiletest, cfile,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cometboy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash Shell Linux

I have a csv file that looks like this Name,Food,Sport James,Curry,Gym Darren,Pizza,Football Jim,Fish,Hockey James,Sushi,Tennis My code looks like this IFS="," sed 1d $file_name | while read Name Food Sport do mkdir -p $Name #echo "==================" #echo "Name: $Name" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darklord173
3 Replies
APPLYDELTARPM(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  APPLYDELTARPM(8)

NAME
applydeltarpm - reconstruct an rpm from a deltarpm SYNOPSIS
applydeltarpm [-v] [-p] [-r oldrpm] deltarpm newrpm applydeltarpm -c|-C deltarpm applydeltarpm [-c|-C] -s sequence applydeltarpm -i deltarpm DESCRIPTION
applydeltarpm applies a binary delta to either an old rpm or to on-disk data to re-create a new rpm. The old rpm can be specified with the -r option, if no rpm name is provided on-disk data is used. You can use -p to make applydeltarpm print the percentage of completion, or -v to make it more verbose about its operation. The second an third form can be used to check if the reconstruction is possible. It may fail if the on-disk data got changed (deltarpms are created in a way that config file changes do not matter) or the deltarpm does not match the rpm the delta was generated with. The -c option selects full (i.e. slow) on-disk checking, whereas -C only checks if the filesizes have not changed. Instead of a full deltarpm a sequence id can be given with the -s sequence option. Such an id contains all the information that is needed to do reconstruction checking. Finally information about a deltarpm can be printed with the -i option. MEMORY CONSIDERATIONS
applydeltarpm was written to work on systems with limited memory. It uses a paging algorithm to keep the size of in-core data low and not bring the system in an out-of-memory situation. EXIT STATUS
applydeltarpm returns 0 if the rpm could be recreated or the checking succeeded, it returns 1 and prints an error message to stderr if something failed. SEE ALSO
makedeltarpm(8), rpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Feb 2005 APPLYDELTARPM(8)