Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Facing issues with rsync
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing issues with rsync Post 302999737 by pokhraj_d on Tuesday 27th of June 2017 09:01:38 AM
Old 06-27-2017
Hello Andrew,
No issues or errors I am facing whenever I am running the below command you mentioned at your post.
HTML Code:
rsync -avrz /u02/oracle/EBSUAT/fs1/EBSapps/appl/xxnsp/12.0.0/ appstg2@emastgebs02:/u01/oracle/EBSUAT/fs1/EBSapps/appl/xxnsp/12.0.0/
Can you please let me know what are those mistakes from my side?

Thanks-
P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

facing problem using su

Hi, I am able to login using su - or su directly , # prompt is coming, it doesnt ask for password. any normal user on aix system is login using su - or su . Please suggest where to change the configuration direct root login is disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync through java program - issues with remote connection failure

Hi Everybody, I am running rsync through my java application. The Java application will sync the files with remote machine. During our connection failure testing we noticed an issue running rsync through java program. The java application which is running at source side is not receiving any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with tar and gzip !

Hi, I am trying to :- (1.) Tar the file and then (2.) Gzip it ! Tar command :- tar -cvf BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs Gzip command :- Gzip /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs/BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi, I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :- can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. No such file or directory How can I resolve this issue ? Please help. Thanks Please view this code tag video for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Rsync Issues

Hi I am running several syncs from different servers to our data centre. I am getting some issues with the rsyncs that i am running. The OS are all red hat enterprise The rsync command is as follows #!/bin/bash if then rsync -aWv --stats progress --delete --ignore-errors --exclude... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with cronjobs

Hello Everyone, We have a cronjob scheduled to pick up files from one system and transfer to another system. the underlying code is a shell script. These cronjobs were working correctly until sometime. 2 days back they did not pick up the scripts but created empty logs. However when we tried... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rads
6 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date date1 variable holds a date and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows echo date1 nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx" print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh A S
2 Replies
BOS_GETRESTART(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BOS_GETRESTART(8)

NAME
       bos_getrestart - Displays the automatic restart times for server processes

SYNOPSIS
       bos getrestart -server <machine name> [-cell <cell name>]
	   [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]

bos getr -s <machine name> [-c <cell name>] [-n]
	   [-l] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The bos getrestart command displays two restart times from the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file on the server machine named by the -server
       argument:

o   The general restart time at which the BOS Server process automatically restarts itself and all processes marked with status "Run" in
	   the BosConfig file. The default is Sunday at 4:00 a.m.

o   The binary restart time at which the BOS Server automatically restarts any process for which the time stamp on the binary file in the
	   /usr/lib/openafs directory is later than the last restart time for the process. The default is 5:00 a.m. Use the bos getdate command to
	   list a binary file's timestamp, and the -long flag to the bos status command to display a process's most recent restart time.

Use the bos setrestart command to set the restart times.

OPTIONS
       -server <machine name>
	   Indicates the server machine for which to display the restart times. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-
	   qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8).

-cell <cell name>
	   Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).

-noauth
	   Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-localauth
	   Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket
	   to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see
	   bos(8).

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The output consists of two lines:

Server <machine_name> restarts at <time>
	  Server <machine_name> restarts for new binaries at <time>

Possible values for <time> include:

o   "never", indicating that the BOS Server never performs that type of restart.

o   "now", indicating that the BOS Server performs that type of restart only each time it restarts.

o   A specified day and time, indicating that the BOS Server performs that type of restart once per week. Example: "sun 4:00 am".

o   A specified time, indicating that the BOS Server performs that type of restart once per day. Examples: "11:00 pm", "3:00 am".

EXAMPLES
       The following example displays the restart times for the machine "db2.abc.com":

% bos getrestart db2.abc.com
	  Server db2.abc.com restarts at sun 4:00 am
	  Server db2.abc.com restarts for new binaries at 2:15 am

In the following example, the issuer abbreviates the machine name "fs1.abc.com" to "fs1", relying on the cell's name server to resolve the
       name. The output echoes the abbreviated form.

% bos getrestart fs1
	  Server fs1 restarts at sat 5:00 am
	  Server fs1 restarts for new binaries at 11:30 pm

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8), bos_setrestart(8), bos_status(8)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							 BOS_GETRESTART(8)