Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Read a json file passed as cmd line argument Post 302999723 by RudiC on Tuesday 27th of June 2017 02:40:13 AM
Old 06-27-2017
I'm afraid there quite some open questions, like
- which combinations from that config file entries do you need,all permutations from the 10 - 15 entries?
- which section of the file should be used, or is there just one?
- how are you going to use the results, source them in myscript.sh?
- are you sure the host part and the DB part will be joined by a / ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if argument passed is an integers

How do I check if the argument passed to a script is an integer? I am writting a script that will take to integers and want to be able to check before I go on. I am using bourne shell. Thanks in advance (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: elchalateco
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print all argument passed

like i have script with which i have passed arg list :eg: i/p: scriopt1 arg1 arg2 arg3 .... argn o/p: arg1 arg2 arg3 .... argn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not recognized when passed as argument

I have the below script in file read_file.ksh if ] || ] then echo "Required one input file" echo "Enter a file to get char count:" read $FILE_NAME if ] then echo "valid file" else echo "Not a valid file." fi When run as read_file.ksh detail.csv or... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read env variables from argument file

Hi, I have a generic shell script (runBatchJob.sh) to read files (batchJob) with commands in them and execute the commands by reading the batchJob file as below ./runBatchJob.sh batchJob batchJob file $BATCHDIR/execute_procedure.sh $DATADIR/collectData.sh $OTHER_ENV_VAR/doSomething.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bOngY
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for ftp files passed in command line argument

i want to write a shell script function that will ftp the files passed in the command line . i have written a shell script for ftp but how will it do for all files passed in command line argument , i am passing 4 files as argument ./ftp.sh file1 file2 file3 file4 code written by me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable passed as argument

I have a script. #!/bin/sh cur_$1_modify_time=Hello echo "cur_$1_modify_time" When I run like sh /root/script1 jj I expect value "Hello" being assigned to variable "cur_jj_modify_time" and output being "Hello" ie echoing $cur_jj_modify_time But the output comes as # sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Code to change file delimiter (passed as argument) to bar delimiter

Hi, Extremely new to Perl scripting, but need a quick fix without using TEXT::CSV I need to read in a file, pass any delimiter as an argument, and convert it to bar delimited on the output. In addition, enclose fields within double quotes in case of any embedded delimiters. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPB1977
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting number of argument passed to a shell script

Hi Experts, I have been trying to work on a simple shell script that will just add the two argument passed to it. Here is what i tried : #!/bin/bash welcome(){ echo "Welcome to this Progg. which will accept two parameter" } main_logic(){ arg=$# echo "Number of argument passed is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
lb_lookup_type(3ncs)													      lb_lookup_type(3ncs)

Name
       lb_lookup_type - look up information about a type in the Global Location Broker database

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/lb.h>

void lb_$lookup_type(obj_type, lookup_handle, max_num_results,			  num_results, results, status)
       uuid_$t *obj_type;
       lb_$lookup_handle_t *lookup_handle;
       unsigned long max_num_results;
       unsigned long *num_results;
       lb_$entry_t results[ ];
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       obj_type 	   The UUID of the type being looked up.

lookup_handle	   A  location	in  the  database.   On  input,  the lookup_handle indicates the location in the database where the search
			   begins.  An input value of lb_$default_lookup_handle specifies that the search will start at the beginning of the data-
			   base.  On return, the lookup_handle indicates the next unsearched part of the database (that is, the point at which the
			   next search should begin).  A return value of lb_$default_lookup_handle indicates that the search reached  the  end	of
			   the database; any other return value indicates that the search found at most max_num_results matching entries before it
			   reached the end of the database.

max_num_results	   The maximum number of entries that can be returned by a single routine.  This should be the number of elements  in  the
			   results array.

num_results	   The number of entries that were returned in the results array.

results		   An  array that contains the matching GLB database entries, up to the number specified by the max_num_results parameter.
			   If the array contains any entries for servers on the local network, those entries appear first.

status		   The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it
			   was successful.

Description
       The  routine returns GLB database entries whose obj_type fields match the specified type.  It returns information about all objects of that
       type and about all interfaces to each of these objects.

The routine cannot return more than max_num_results matching entries at a time.	The lookup_handle parameter enables you to find all match-
       ing entries by doing sequential lookups.

If  you	use a sequence of lookup routines to find entries in the database, it is possible that the returned results will skip or duplicate
       entries.  This is because the Location Broker does not prevent modification of the database between  lookups,  and  such  modification  can
       change the locations of entries relative to a lookup_handle value.

It  is also possible that the results of a single lookup routine will skip or duplicate entries.  This can occur if the size of the results
       exceeds the size of an RPC packet (64K bytes).

Examples
       The following statement looks up information in the GLB database about the type array :
       lb_$lookup_type (&array_id, &lookup_handle, max_results,
			    &num_results, &results, &status);

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

lb_$database_invalid
			   The format of the Location Broker database is out of date.  The database may have been created by an old version of the
			   Location  Broker;  in this case, delete the out-of-date database and reregister any entries that it contained.  The LLB
			   or GLB that was accessed may be running out-of-date software; in this case, update all Location Brokers to the  current
			   software version.

lb_$database_busy   The Location Broker database is currently in use in an incompatible manner.

lb_$not_registered  The	Location  Broker  does not have any entries that match the criteria specified in the lookup or unregister routine.
			   The requested object, type, interface, or combination thereof is not registered in the specified database.  If you  are
			   using an or routine specifying an LLB, check that you have specified the correct LLB.

lb_$cant_access	   The Location Broker cannot access the database.  Among the possible reasons:

1. The database does not exist, and the Location Broker cannot create it.

2. The database exists, but the Location Broker cannot access it.

3. The GLB entry table is full.

lb_$server_unavailable
			   The	Location Broker Client Agent cannot reach the requested GLB or LLB.  A communications failure occurred or the bro-
			   ker was not running.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), lb_lookup_interface(3ncs), lb_lookup_object(3ncs), lb_lookup_range(3ncs)

lb_lookup_type(3ncs)