Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to get string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to get string Post 302999597 by apmcd47 on Friday 23rd of June 2017 04:13:22 AM
Old 06-23-2017
sed version:
Code:
sed -n 's#^.*=\(.*VIS\).*$#\1#p' /etc/oraInst.loc

Andrew

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - find string, search lines below string for other strings

What's the easiest way to search a file for a specific string and then look for other instances after that? I want to search for all Virtual Hosts and print out the Server Name and Document Root (if it has that info), while discarding the rest of the info. Basically my file looks like this: ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mbohmer
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : match the string and string with the quotes :

Hi all, Here is the data file: - want to match only lan3 in the output . - not lan3:1 file : OPERATING_SYSTEM=HP-UX LOOPBACK_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 INTERFACE_NAME="lan3" IP_ADDRESS="10.53.52.241" SUBNET_MASK="255.255.255.192" BROADCAST_ADDRESS="" INTERFACE_STATE=""... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk for string between > and /n

Hi, I have a file that looks something like the following: >IGHV4-4*02 caggtgcagctgcaggagtcgggcccaggactggtgaagccttcggggaccctgtcc ctcacctgcgctgtctctggtggctccatcagcagtagtaactggtggagt tgggtccgccagcccccagggaaggggctggagtggattggggaaatctatcatagt gggagcaccaactacaacccgtccctcaagagtcgagtcaccatatcagta... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu429
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk string comparison unterminated quoted string andrule of thumb

I have the logic below to look up for matches within the columns between the two files with awk. In the if statement is where the string comparison is attempted with == The issue seems to be with the operands, as 1. when " '${SECTOR}' " -- double quote followed by single quote -- awk matches... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deadyetagain
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::Language(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      Locale::Codes::Language(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lang = code2language('en','alpha-2'); $lang = code2language('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha-2, LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-1, such as 'he' for Hebrew. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. This is the default code set. alpha-3, LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639-2 and 639-5, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. term, LOCALE_LANG_TERM This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639-2 codes. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/ Source of the ISO 639-5 codes. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::Language(3pm)