Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Processing arguments in a string Post 302999596 by user052009 on Friday 23rd of June 2017 04:04:51 AM
Old 06-23-2017
yes, that works! Smilie
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String Processing

I had a file with 150k records in it and I ran a tr on it to remove all new lines/CR which created one large record(whoops). Is there a way to add a \n after every 39th character without using 'dd' to turn it back into the original format? dd is way to slow. shell is ksh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bthomas
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

string processing

hi, I have a string "satabeltodounixscriptingpleasecheckfortheerros" in the above line if it contains "unix" , i need to take 5 characters after that word. please help thanks in advance Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining string arguments

Hi, how can I join given arguments (not starting from the first one) to form one string, each argument separated by a space. For example, out of 5 given arguments, I'll like to start joining from the 3rd to the last. In python there exists something like ' '.join(sys.argv) and it starts joining... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: plhelpme
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String processing in CSH

Please delete it (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation in arguments

Hi all, I have a requirement where I am taking the first argument as argument name and storing the second argument in argument name as value. Thanks to ppl here, i learnt to do it.:p while ( $1 != "" ) set arg = $1 shift set val = "$1" echo "set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing command line arguments from string list

I am passing a list of strings $list and want to remove all entries with --shift=number, --sort=number/number/..., --group=number/number/... Also are removed whether upper or lower case letters are used For example the following will all be deleted from the list --shift=12 --shift=2324... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
7 Replies

7. Programming

Processing Arguments pased to Makefile

I have a makefile and want to allow passing -01 -02 -03 for the user to define the level of optimization he wants. Doing this gets make to send an error. make -03 make: invalid option -- '0' make: invalid option -- '3' Usage: make ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Arguments in Command Line Options

Hi All, I am new to scripting. Could you please assist me . Here is my requirement. I have written a script that has 2 option flags defined. -l) calls some function with the arguments passed in front of -l -r) calls second function with the arguments passed in front of -r *) calls the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jay Deshpande
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arguments in variable vs direct string

Hello Community! Let's say that we have some script which counts its arguments number: arguments_count.sh: #!/bin/sh echo "Number of arguments="$#and some test script: test.sh: #!/bin/sh my_args="1 2 3 '4 5' 6" echo "Count of arguments when using my_args:" ./arguments_count.sh $my_args... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: break_da_funk
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh parsing arguments in a string rather than from the cmdln

Hi. I have a piece of code that reads and parses command line options. I'd like to alter it slightly to read from a string (that's set elsewhere in the script) rather than directly from the command line (arg). Can somebody show me how to do this? Many thanks. My code is as follows: typeset... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
6 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD