Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy to Windows hidden share
Operating Systems AIX Copy to Windows hidden share Post 302999519 by Don Cragun on Thursday 22nd of June 2017 01:31:42 AM
Old 06-22-2017
What exactly did you find that works on Linux? Maybe we can help you implement equivalent functionality on an AIX system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive copy of hidden files

I need to know how to copy hidden files recursively? cp -r sourceDir/* targetDir/. ignores the hidden files. Thank you!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usfrog
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy hidden files from one folder to another

dear all, i want to copy all files in my home dir to another. from my home dir i have given ls -la then some hidden files are there with dot . .. and i also want to copy all dirs in my home as it is . because iam upgrading the system how to copy all files and dirs in my home dir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to share with windows

i m using Linux Mint on my computer and i m the server of shared Internet connection with windows machines. Internet sharing is working well with all the machines but file sharing is not working well. I can access the shared folders of other system with windows machine the windows machines cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri.nitp
1 Replies

4. AIX

Need help with Windows Share please

I have a windows 2003 server with services for unix installed I have create a folder c:\nfsshare and set it as an nfs share named nfsshare. now I am trying to mount it from my aix system using mount <server ip>:/nfsshare /mnt the filesystem mounts , but I cannot change into /mnt, I get a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows printers share

Hello, My network environment is: The server is Linux, all the clients are win2000 professional, the PC names are(ws00201, ws00202,ws00203,ws00204,ws00205,ws00206,ws00207,ws00208,ws00209), I have 3 printers connected through USB to ws00201, ws00204,ws00207, I want ws00201,ws00202,ws00203... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truelyli
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows Share

Hi guys I have some Windows Shares and I need to mount those shares on my Suse 10 SP3 I would like to know how to mount those? do I need to enable Samba? or is it just a simple mount command? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy files to samba share Ubuntu 14.04

I am trying to use mv or cp rsync to copy folders to a samba share. I can manually copy the folders to the share, but can not seem to access it using command line. Thank you :). smbclient //path/to/cifs/share <password> -W <domain> -u <user> WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
GSIGNAL(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GSIGNAL(3)

NAME
gsignal, ssignal - software signal facility SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> typedef void (*sighandler_t)(int); int gsignal(signum); sighandler_t ssignal(int signum, sighandler_t action); DESCRIPTION
Don't use these functions under Linux. Due to a historical mistake, under Linux these functions are aliases for raise() and signal(), respectively. Elsewhere, on SYSV-like systems, these functions implement software signalling, entirely independent of the classical signal and kill func- tions. The function ssignal() defines the action to take when the software signal with number signum is raised using the function gsig- nal(), and returns the previous such action or SIG_DFL. The function gsignal() does the following: if no action (or the action SIG_DFL) was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 0. If the action SIG_IGN was specified for signum, then it does nothing and returns 1. Otherwise, it resets the action to SIG_DFL and calls the action function with parameter signum, and returns the value returned by that function. The range of possible values signum varies (often 1-15 or 1-17). CONFORMING TO
SVID2, XPG2. These functions are available under AIX, DG-UX, HPUX, SCO, Solaris, Tru64. They are called obsolete under most of these sys- tems, and are broken under Linux libc and glibc. Some systems also have gsignal_r() and ssignal_r(). SEE ALSO
kill(2), signal(2), raise(3) notGNU 2002-08-25 GSIGNAL(3)