Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copy to Windows hidden share
Operating Systems AIX Copy to Windows hidden share Post 302999517 by Peasant on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 11:47:23 PM
Old 06-22-2017
Not an AIX man, but do you have / can you use smbclient on your AIX installation ?

You will have to provide a user / password to connect and copy file to windows, either directly or via files etc.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive copy of hidden files

I need to know how to copy hidden files recursively? cp -r sourceDir/* targetDir/. ignores the hidden files. Thank you!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: usfrog
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy hidden files from one folder to another

dear all, i want to copy all files in my home dir to another. from my home dir i have given ls -la then some hidden files are there with dot . .. and i also want to copy all dirs in my home as it is . because iam upgrading the system how to copy all files and dirs in my home dir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

how to share with windows

i m using Linux Mint on my computer and i m the server of shared Internet connection with windows machines. Internet sharing is working well with all the machines but file sharing is not working well. I can access the shared folders of other system with windows machine the windows machines cannot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giri.nitp
1 Replies

4. AIX

Need help with Windows Share please

I have a windows 2003 server with services for unix installed I have create a folder c:\nfsshare and set it as an nfs share named nfsshare. now I am trying to mount it from my aix system using mount <server ip>:/nfsshare /mnt the filesystem mounts , but I cannot change into /mnt, I get a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

windows printers share

Hello, My network environment is: The server is Linux, all the clients are win2000 professional, the PC names are(ws00201, ws00202,ws00203,ws00204,ws00205,ws00206,ws00207,ws00208,ws00209), I have 3 printers connected through USB to ws00201, ws00204,ws00207, I want ws00201,ws00202,ws00203... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truelyli
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows Share

Hi guys I have some Windows Shares and I need to mount those shares on my Suse 10 SP3 I would like to know how to mount those? do I need to enable Samba? or is it just a simple mount command? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy files to samba share Ubuntu 14.04

I am trying to use mv or cp rsync to copy folders to a samba share. I can manually copy the folders to the share, but can not seem to access it using command line. Thank you :). smbclient //path/to/cifs/share <password> -W <domain> -u <user> WARNING: The "syslog" option is deprecated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
SMBTAR(1)							   User Commands							 SMBTAR(1)

NAME
smbtar - shell script for backing up SMB/CIFS shares directly to UNIX tape drives SYNOPSIS
smbtar [-r] [-i] [-a] [-v] {-s server} [-p password] [-x services] [-X] [-N filename] [-b blocksize] [-d directory] [-l loglevel] [-u user] [-t tape] {filenames} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. smbtar is a very small shell script on top of smbclient(1) which dumps SMB shares directly to tape. OPTIONS
-s server The SMB/CIFS server that the share resides upon. -x service The share name on the server to connect to. The default is "backup". -X Exclude mode. Exclude filenames... from tar create or restore. -d directory Change to initial directory before restoring / backing up files. -v Verbose mode. -p password The password to use to access a share. Default: none -u user The user id to connect as. Default: UNIX login name. -a Reset DOS archive bit mode to indicate file has been archived. -t tape Tape device. May be regular file or tape device. Default: $TAPE environmental variable; if not set, a file called tar.out . -b blocksize Blocking factor. Defaults to 20. See tar(1) for a fuller explanation. -N filename Backup only files newer than filename. Could be used (for example) on a log file to implement incremental backups. -i Incremental mode; tar files are only backed up if they have the archive bit set. The archive bit is reset after each file is read. -r Restore. Files are restored to the share from the tar file. -l log level Log (debug) level. Corresponds to the -d flag of smbclient(1). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The $TAPE variable specifies the default tape device to write to. May be overridden with the -t option. BUGS
The smbtar script has different options from ordinary tar and from smbclient's tar command. CAVEATS
Sites that are more careful about security may not like the way the script handles PC passwords. Backup and restore work on entire shares; should work on file lists. smbtar works best with GNU tar and may not work well with other versions. DIAGNOSTICS
See the DIAGNOSTICS section for the smbclient(1) command. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
smbd(8), smbclient(1), smb.conf(5). AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Ricky Poulten wrote the tar extension and this man page. The smbtar script was heavily rewritten and improved by Martin Kraemer. Many thanks to everyone who suggested extensions, improvements, bug fixes, etc. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 SMBTAR(1)