Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logic to separate the first name in the file Post 302999498 by ricky-row on Wednesday 21st of June 2017 12:32:12 PM
Old 06-21-2017
Thanks for the quick reply, The corrections given by you are correct, I will make changes. But the last which you said.
Code:
cat ../info/* > outputfile

I can't understand it., where I have to implement it and how it will collect all the values of VAR

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)