Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to add lines with symbol to output file Post 302999448 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 20th of June 2017 12:37:52 PM
Old 06-20-2017
Try this adaptation:
Code:
awk -v OFS="\t" '!/^#/{for(i=11; i<=14; i++) $i="ID" i "=" $i}1'  file

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text before lines in command output

Hi2all, I have following command in IBM HMC console: lssyscfg -r prof -m Server-9117-MMA-SN655D350 -F lpar_name,min_mem,desired_mem --header which gives me the following output: lpar_name,min_mem,desired_mem lpar1,1024,2048 lpar2,1024,2048 lpar3,2048,4096 What I want is to add in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UsRb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[AWK] read lines with \x00 symbol

I want to read a large (~1-4Gb) txt file with fields separated by "," and line separator "\n". Unfortunately, file contains \x00 (zero ASCII) symbols AWK treats them as end of line + it ignores reminder of the line after the \x00. As a simple example: echo "\0060\0061\000\0060\0063" | nawk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murfury
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in a file with Awk - incorrect output

Hi, I would like: FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets Serial1/0:0 is up, line protocol is up 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 0... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mv652
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK: Backslash \ and forcing output not to go onto new lines

Dear all, I am using Mac OSX, have been successfully written an awk script during the last days. I use the script to convert parts of a .dot-file into graphml code. First question: Backslash My .dot-code includes repeatedly the sign "\n". I would like to search for this sign and substitute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ingli
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract some lines from output via AWK

Hello Friends, I have got, this output below and i want to extract the name of symlink which is highlighted in red and the path above it highlighted in blue. At the end i want to append path and symlink. /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre/.systemPrefs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file comparison, x lines after matching as output

Hello, I couldn't find anything on the Forum that would help me to solve this problem. Could any body help me process below data using awk? I have got two files: file1: Worker1: Thomas Position: Manager Department: Sales Salary: $5,000 Worker2: Jason Position: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerbee
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Merging multiple files with symbol representing new file

I just tried following ls *.dat|sort -t"_" -k2n,2|while read f1 && read f2; do awk '{print}' $f1 awk FNR==1'{print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,"*","*","*" }' OFS="\t" $f2 awk '{print}' $f2 donegot following result 18-Dec-1983 11:45:00 AM 18.692 84.672 0 25.4 24 18-Dec-1983 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output lines less than number

I am trying to output all lines in a file where $7 is less than 30. The below code does create a result file, but with all lines in the original file. The original file is tab deliminated is that the problem? Thank you :). awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} $7 < 30 {print}' file.txt > result.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add symbol to specific field

Trying to use awk to add a . to $4. The input and output is tab-delimeted, but the awk seems to add a . in front of $5 and is space-delimeted. It seems close, but I am not able to produce the desired output. Thank you :). file chr1 948895 949015 chr1:948895-949015 ISG15 chr1 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to retain header lines in output

The awk below executes and produces the current output, which is correct, except I can not seem to include the header lines # and ## in the output as well. I tried adding !/^#/ thinking that it would skip the lines with # and output them but the entire file prints as is. Thank you :). file ... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)