Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to add lines with symbol to output file Post 302999448 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 20th of June 2017 12:37:52 PM
Old 06-20-2017
Try this adaptation:
Code:
awk -v OFS="\t" '!/^#/{for(i=11; i<=14; i++) $i="ID" i "=" $i}1'  file

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text before lines in command output

Hi2all, I have following command in IBM HMC console: lssyscfg -r prof -m Server-9117-MMA-SN655D350 -F lpar_name,min_mem,desired_mem --header which gives me the following output: lpar_name,min_mem,desired_mem lpar1,1024,2048 lpar2,1024,2048 lpar3,2048,4096 What I want is to add in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UsRb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[AWK] read lines with \x00 symbol

I want to read a large (~1-4Gb) txt file with fields separated by "," and line separator "\n". Unfortunately, file contains \x00 (zero ASCII) symbols AWK treats them as end of line + it ignores reminder of the line after the \x00. As a simple example: echo "\0060\0061\000\0060\0063" | nawk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murfury
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in a file with Awk - incorrect output

Hi, I would like: FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets Serial1/0:0 is up, line protocol is up 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 0... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mv652
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK: Backslash \ and forcing output not to go onto new lines

Dear all, I am using Mac OSX, have been successfully written an awk script during the last days. I use the script to convert parts of a .dot-file into graphml code. First question: Backslash My .dot-code includes repeatedly the sign "\n". I would like to search for this sign and substitute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ingli
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract some lines from output via AWK

Hello Friends, I have got, this output below and i want to extract the name of symlink which is highlighted in red and the path above it highlighted in blue. At the end i want to append path and symlink. /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre/.systemPrefs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file comparison, x lines after matching as output

Hello, I couldn't find anything on the Forum that would help me to solve this problem. Could any body help me process below data using awk? I have got two files: file1: Worker1: Thomas Position: Manager Department: Sales Salary: $5,000 Worker2: Jason Position: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerbee
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Merging multiple files with symbol representing new file

I just tried following ls *.dat|sort -t"_" -k2n,2|while read f1 && read f2; do awk '{print}' $f1 awk FNR==1'{print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5,"*","*","*" }' OFS="\t" $f2 awk '{print}' $f2 donegot following result 18-Dec-1983 11:45:00 AM 18.692 84.672 0 25.4 24 18-Dec-1983 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output lines less than number

I am trying to output all lines in a file where $7 is less than 30. The below code does create a result file, but with all lines in the original file. The original file is tab deliminated is that the problem? Thank you :). awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} $7 < 30 {print}' file.txt > result.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add symbol to specific field

Trying to use awk to add a . to $4. The input and output is tab-delimeted, but the awk seems to add a . in front of $5 and is space-delimeted. It seems close, but I am not able to produce the desired output. Thank you :). file chr1 948895 949015 chr1:948895-949015 ISG15 chr1 ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to retain header lines in output

The awk below executes and produces the current output, which is correct, except I can not seem to include the header lines # and ## in the output as well. I tried adding !/^#/ thinking that it would skip the lines with # and output them but the entire file prints as is. Thank you :). file ... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						  System Administration Commands						 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [-b] [-c] [-e] [-g] [-l] [-p] [-t T] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk(1) version 2.15 or later) or nawk(1). During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-b Generate b/w postscript file (need -p). -c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output (needs -p). -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configuration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gnuplot(1), compress(1), gzip(1) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@tis.com> Trusted Information Systems Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMPLOT(8)