Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Update remove files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Update remove files Post 302999436 by seanbeag on Tuesday 20th of June 2017 07:21:03 AM
Old 06-20-2017
Update remove files

Howdy.

I'm currently hoping to putty to a number of Linux VMs and update a hosts file remotely before moving on to the next VM in a list. Does anyone have a script that does anything similar? Are there any decent script repositories online?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Check files update

Hi, I want to monitor a file, and check what has been added to it. etc: The text file contain "abcdef" And now it contain "abcdefghi". I need to know what had been added, is there any function that can do this? Thx for helping me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare update time of files

Hi, does anyone know of a way to compare files update time (not only days - also hours and minutes) (command? scripts? perl scripts?) Dori (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a column value in csv files

Hi all I am new to scripting and i have an application from which i will export into a csv file as follows Column1, Column2, Column3 Sno1, Folder\Test.txt, Fail Sno2, Folder\Test1.txt, Pass Sno3, Folder\Test2.txt, Fail Now i need to change the column2 in all the rows from "Folder\" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshrp
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

update files and preserve date

I have a bunch of historical files that need to be modified, as the file source announced there is an error in them which should be corrected. I am planning to use sed to do the mass update, but I would like to know if there is a way to preserve files last modified date/time, so later ls -ltr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates and update last 2 digits of the original row with 0's

Hi, I have a requirement where I have to remove duplicates from a file based on the first 8 chars (It is fixed width file of 10 chars length) and whenever a duplicate row is found, its original row's last 2 chars should be updated to all 0's. I thought of using sort -u -k 1.1,1.8... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: farawaydsky
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 files and update one?

Hi, I have got 2 files which i need to compare and append based on the below conditions. file 1: File 1 has data in the following format 4300 2356 C234 5689 5500 2345 File 2 has data in the same fomat 4300 49 5555 12345 Now i need to compare the first 4 bytes in each line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to update files to be used by awk

In the below bash there are 6 .txt files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/ref_val/ that are being updated from the 6 .vcf files in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/validation/files/*.vcf. The awk in the post updates the files with the information, however the files are not being updated so the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicated records and update last line record counts

Hi Gurus, I need to remove duplicate line in file and update TRAILER (last line) record count. the file is comma delimited, field 2 is key to identify duplicated record. I can use below command to remove duplicated. but don't know how to replace last line 2nd field to new count. awk -F","... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
11 Replies
update-cracklib(8)					      System Manager's Manual						update-cracklib(8)

NAME
update-cracklib - Regenerate cracklib dictionary SYNOPSIS
update-cracklib DESCRIPTION
update-cracklib builds a compressed and accumulated version of wordlists stored in the directories given in cracklib's configuration file /etc/cracklib/cracklib.conf. Programs using cracklib2 need this database to be of any use. By default this script is called by cron every day. RESULT
update-cracklib prints out two numbers: the number of words read from the ASCII dictionaries and the number of words eventually written into the cracklib database; if no error occurred, these should be equal. 0 is returned on success, otherwise an error message is printed to standard error and -1 is returned. FILES
/etc/cracklib/cracklib.conf shell script that sets cracklib_dictpath_src which must be a space separated list of source dictionary files. SEE ALSO
cracklib(3), crack_mkdict(8) AUTHOR
This program and manual page was written by Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux System (but may be used by others). Martin Pitt June 09, 2003 update-cracklib(8)