Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP script not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP script not working Post 302999432 by Riverstone on Tuesday 20th of June 2017 05:59:22 AM
Old 06-20-2017
source and destination servers are linux.

Yes there are new network rules/policies in place but network guys have opened the port 21 already .

the one is working which is working it sits in the same DC where target machine is there.

but the questioned server unable to place the file is in different Data center.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mput is not working in ftp script

1)In this script mput command is not working( not transfering multiple files, it is able to send single file) 2)here is the script to automate the ftp process . 3)for transfering files from one machine to other machine using ftp can anyone can give me the solution in this issue Script is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsri
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

hi I have made d below ftp script but the last part of script ie. moving the files after transfer (to a location in the source server only) is not working for me. Can anybody pls..help.in same..!!! ####################################################### #!/bin/sh ftp -n 10.209.13.11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

FTP is not working.

Hi, I'm getting the following error while trying to use the ftp command. ---------------- 331 Password required for prodofsa. Password: 230 User prodofsa logged in. ftp> ftp> ftp> ftp> ls 200 PORT command successful. 425 Can't build data connection: Connection timed out. ftp>... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in shell script is not working

Hi All, I have writtern a shell script which has a sql query. I want to send the results of sql query to a shared area over a network.I also want to log the errors in a log file if the text file is not sent to shared area. The results of sql query are spooled in TEMPFILE. LOGFILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsachin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix FTP Script connecting through proxy Not working

Hi All, can some one please help me to solve this issue, its urgent:confused: We need to FTP a file form our Unix server to an external client FTP location. I am trying to connect to the proxy server first and then use the below USER comment to connect to the external FTP server, and its working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesusJoseph
3 Replies

6. Linux

FTP not working under Linux but working under any other OS ??? Very strange

Dear all, I am totally despaired and puzzled. Using Filezilla under Windows under the same network as our Linux servers is working. Using FTP command-line client under any of our Linux debian servers is not working ! I tried with different FTP servers -> same problem ! All commands are... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: magix_ch
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone, sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according to it. I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp where I want to upload a pdf created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: le_mae
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus, I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same. # Perform FTP echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi , Hi , seems in my code '\' is ignoring in user id and considering DB_SVCGPRUAT as a ID and failing to connect to the FTP server. my complete ID 'BD\SVCGPRUAT', how to rectify this error. #!/bin/bash myuser='"BD\_SVCGPRUAT" { BD is domain } mypass='Welcome$123'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies
NSENTER(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        NSENTER(1)

NAME
nsenter - run program with namespaces of other processes SYNOPSIS
nsenter [options] [program [arguments]] DESCRIPTION
Enters the namespaces of one or more other processes and then executes the specified program. If program is not given, then ``${SHELL}'' is run (default: /bin/sh). Enterable namespaces are: mount namespace Mounting and unmounting filesystems will not affect the rest of the system, except for filesystems which are explicitly marked as shared (with mount --make-shared; see /proc/self/mountinfo for the shared flag). For further details, see mount_namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWNS flag in clone(2). UTS namespace Setting hostname or domainname will not affect the rest of the system. For further details, see namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWUTS flag in clone(2). IPC namespace The process will have an independent namespace for POSIX message queues as well as System V message queues, semaphore sets and shared memory segments. For further details, see namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWIPC flag in clone(2). network namespace The process will have independent IPv4 and IPv6 stacks, IP routing tables, firewall rules, the /proc/net and /sys/class/net direc- tory trees, sockets, etc. For further details, see namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWNET flag in clone(2). PID namespace Children will have a set of PID to process mappings separate from the nsenter process For further details, see pid_namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWPID flag in nsenter will fork by default if changing the PID namespace, so that the new program and its children share the same PID namespace and are visible to each other. If --no-fork is used, the new program will be exec'ed without forking. user namespace The process will have a distinct set of UIDs, GIDs and capabilities. For further details, see user_namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWUSER flag in clone(2). cgroup namespace The process will have a virtualized view of /proc/self/cgroup, and new cgroup mounts will be rooted at the namespace cgroup root. For further details, see cgroup_namespaces(7) and the discussion of the CLONE_NEWCGROUP flag in clone(2). See clone(2) for the exact semantics of the flags. OPTIONS
Various of the options below that relate to namespaces take an optional file argument. This should be one of the /proc/[pid]/ns/* files described in namespaces(7). -a, --all Enter all namespaces of the target process by the default /proc/[pid]/ns/* namespace paths. The default paths to the target process namespaces may be overwritten by namespace specific options (e.g. --all --mount=[path]). The user namespace will be ignored if the same as the caller's current user namespace. It prevents a caller that has dropped capa- bilities from regaining those capabilities via a call to setns(). See setns(2) for more details. -t, --target pid Specify a target process to get contexts from. The paths to the contexts specified by pid are: /proc/pid/ns/mnt the mount namespace /proc/pid/ns/uts the UTS namespace /proc/pid/ns/ipc the IPC namespace /proc/pid/ns/net the network namespace /proc/pid/ns/pid the PID namespace /proc/pid/ns/user the user namespace /proc/pid/ns/cgroup the cgroup namespace /proc/pid/root the root directory /proc/pid/cwd the working directory respectively -m, --mount[=file] Enter the mount namespace. If no file is specified, enter the mount namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the mount namespace specified by file. -u, --uts[=file] Enter the UTS namespace. If no file is specified, enter the UTS namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the UTS namespace specified by file. -i, --ipc[=file] Enter the IPC namespace. If no file is specified, enter the IPC namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the IPC namespace specified by file. -n, --net[=file] Enter the network namespace. If no file is specified, enter the network namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the network namespace specified by file. -p, --pid[=file] Enter the PID namespace. If no file is specified, enter the PID namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the PID namespace specified by file. -U, --user[=file] Enter the user namespace. If no file is specified, enter the user namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the user namespace specified by file. See also the --setuid and --setgid options. -C, --cgroup[=file] Enter the cgroup namespace. If no file is specified, enter the cgroup namespace of the target process. If file is specified, enter the cgroup namespace specified by file. -G, --setgid gid Set the group ID which will be used in the entered namespace and drop supplementary groups. nsenter(1) always sets GID for user namespaces, the default is 0. -S, --setuid uid Set the user ID which will be used in the entered namespace. nsenter(1) always sets UID for user namespaces, the default is 0. --preserve-credentials Don't modify UID and GID when enter user namespace. The default is to drops supplementary groups and sets GID and UID to 0. -r, --root[=directory] Set the root directory. If no directory is specified, set the root directory to the root directory of the target process. If directory is specified, set the root directory to the specified directory. -w, --wd[=directory] Set the working directory. If no directory is specified, set the working directory to the working directory of the target process. If directory is specified, set the working directory to the specified directory. -F, --no-fork Do not fork before exec'ing the specified program. By default, when entering a PID namespace, nsenter calls fork before calling exec so that any children will also be in the newly entered PID namespace. -Z, --follow-context Set the SELinux security context used for executing a new process according to already running process specified by --target PID. (The util-linux has to be compiled with SELinux support otherwise the option is unavailable.) -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
clone(2), setns(2), namespaces(7) AUTHORS
Eric Biederman <biederm@xmission.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The nsenter command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2013 NSENTER(1)