Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BASH SCRIPT - Insert date into cells in cvs file Post 302999248 by Aia on Thursday 15th of June 2017 10:56:16 PM
Old 06-15-2017
You haven't shown any example of output or what you have tried on your own, so I give you this, based on your explanation.

Code:
perl -MPOSIX -ple '$_ = join ",",(strftime("%m/%d/%Y", localtime)) x 3 if $.==2' orders.csv

Last edited by Aia; 06-16-2017 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: added the orders.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script grabbing cvs file .....

how do I write a script to checkout a file in cvs and cat the file into a file in my home directory Commands are cd /home/smr/sandbox cvsroot choose option 1 cvs co filename cat filename > /home/smr/newfilename Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I insert a line in the middle of a file in BASH?

I have tried sed '/6/a text_to_inserted' file > newfile but this inserts test_to_insert at random places in file and i want it in specific location, which is line 6. can anyone help.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phenom
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to insert data into an html table

hi, I need to create a bash shell script which picks up data from a text file and in the output file puts it into an html made table. I have to use sed and awk utilties to do this the input text file will contain data in the format: job name para1 para2 para3 para4 para4 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intern123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to generate data on monthly (i.e. July 01, 2011 to July 31, 2011) basis. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script search file and insert character when match found

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file and when it finds 'FSS1206' I need to put a Letter F 100 spaces after the second instance of FSS1206 The format is the same throughout the file I need to repeat this on every time it finds the second 'FSS1206' in the file I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to count and insert

Hi not sure if this is possible but I need some help with a bash script, I have a text file and on the first line that starts with 7150230 I need it to put a 1 at position 79 and a 2 at position 88, this is where it gets complicated, on the next line it finds that starts with 7150230 I then need it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with insert a value equation in bash script

HI All, I have a script in bash that i want that script will perform action When the size of a particular folder exceeds the 80%. Here is an example of script that result is exactly 80% : #!/bin/bash CHECK=$(df -h /var/log/syslog | grep '80%' | xargs echo | cut -d' ' -f5) if ];... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aviel.shani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert values into a file 0 as per the date wise

Hi The file contains 12 months of date and less than 12 months of data I want to display if date filed less than 12 months of data I want to insert a value amount 1 to amount4 0 and dates as well. 12345|Date|cntry|amount1|amount2|amount3|amoun4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash: Insert in a variable a file

hi all i have a problem in the bash shell. i'd like insert in a variable a file for example : i have a file datafine.log in this file there is : 17/JUN/2019 i want to insert the value of datafine.log in a variable. Regards Frncesco edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for your data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
doctools::cvs(3tcl)						Documentation tools					       doctools::cvs(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::cvs - Processing text in 'cvs log' format SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil package require doctools::cvs ?1? ::doctools::cvs::scanLog text evar cvar fvar ::doctools::cvs::toChangeLog evar cvar fvar _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides Tcl commands for the processing and reformatting text in the format generated by the cvs log command. The commands ::doctools::cvs::scanLog and ::doctools::cvs::toChangeLog are derived from code found on the Tcl'ers Wiki [http://wiki.tcl.tk]. See the references at the end of the page. API
::doctools::cvs::scanLog text evar cvar fvar The command takes the text and parses it under the assumption that it contains a CVS log as generated by cvs log. The resulting information is stored in the variables whose names were specified via evar, cvar, and fvar. Already existing information in the referenced variables is preserved, allowing the caller to merge data from multiple logs into one database. varname evar (in) Has to refer to a scalar variable. After the call this variable will contain a list of all the entries found in the log file. An entry is identified through the combination of date and author, and can be split over multiple physical entries, one per touched file. It should be noted that the entries are listed in the same order as they were found in the text. This is not necessarily sorted by date or author. Each item in the list is a list containing two elements, the date of the entry, and its author, in this order. The date is formatted as year/month/day. varname cvar (in) Has to refer to an array variable. Keys are strings containing the date and author of log entries, in this order, separated by a comma. The values are lists of comments made for the entry. varname fvar (in) Has to refer to an array variable. Keys are strings containing date, author of a log entry, and a comment for that entry, in this order, separated by commas. The values are lists of the files the entry is touching. ::doctools::cvs::toChangeLog evar cvar fvar ] The three arguments for this command are the same as the last three arguments of the command ::doctools::cvs::scanLog. This com- mand however expects them to be filled with information about one or more logs. It takes this information and converts it into a text in the format of a ChangeLog as accepted and generated by emacs. The constructed text is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
http://wiki.tcl.tk/log2changelog KEYWORDS
changelog, cvs, cvs log, emacs, log CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1 doctools::cvs(3tcl)