Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers BASH SCRIPT - Insert date into cells in cvs file Post 302999248 by Aia on Thursday 15th of June 2017 10:56:16 PM
Old 06-15-2017
You haven't shown any example of output or what you have tried on your own, so I give you this, based on your explanation.

Code:
perl -MPOSIX -ple '$_ = join ",",(strftime("%m/%d/%Y", localtime)) x 3 if $.==2' orders.csv

Last edited by Aia; 06-16-2017 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: added the orders.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script grabbing cvs file .....

how do I write a script to checkout a file in cvs and cat the file into a file in my home directory Commands are cd /home/smr/sandbox cvsroot choose option 1 cvs co filename cat filename > /home/smr/newfilename Thank you! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I insert a line in the middle of a file in BASH?

I have tried sed '/6/a text_to_inserted' file > newfile but this inserts test_to_insert at random places in file and i want it in specific location, which is line 6. can anyone help.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phenom
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to insert data into an html table

hi, I need to create a bash shell script which picks up data from a text file and in the output file puts it into an html made table. I have to use sed and awk utilties to do this the input text file will contain data in the format: job name para1 para2 para3 para4 para4 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intern123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert variable date (monthly) from SQL script

Hi Guys, Can someone please help me on adding/inserting a variable to an sql scipt? Basically I want to generate data on monthly (i.e. July 01, 2011 to July 31, 2011) basis. As shown below.. set head off; set linesize 300; set pagesize 200; spool /opt/oracle/temp/output.txt select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinpe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to find date based on search string for continuesly updating file

Hi All, I am very new to UNIX and I have tried this for a longtime now and unable to crack it.... There is a file that is continuously updating. I need to search for the string and find the date @ which it updated every day..... eg: String is "work started" The log entry is as below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nithz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script search file and insert character when match found

Hi I need a bash script that can search through a text file and when it finds 'FSS1206' I need to put a Letter F 100 spaces after the second instance of FSS1206 The format is the same throughout the file I need to repeat this on every time it finds the second 'FSS1206' in the file I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to count and insert

Hi not sure if this is possible but I need some help with a bash script, I have a text file and on the first line that starts with 7150230 I need it to put a 1 at position 79 and a 2 at position 88, this is where it gets complicated, on the next line it finds that starts with 7150230 I then need it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with insert a value equation in bash script

HI All, I have a script in bash that i want that script will perform action When the size of a particular folder exceeds the 80%. Here is an example of script that result is exactly 80% : #!/bin/bash CHECK=$(df -h /var/log/syslog | grep '80%' | xargs echo | cut -d' ' -f5) if ];... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aviel.shani
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert values into a file 0 as per the date wise

Hi The file contains 12 months of date and less than 12 months of data I want to display if date filed less than 12 months of data I want to insert a value amount 1 to amount4 0 and dates as well. 12345|Date|cntry|amount1|amount2|amount3|amoun4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash: Insert in a variable a file

hi all i have a problem in the bash shell. i'd like insert in a variable a file for example : i have a file datafine.log in this file there is : 17/JUN/2019 i want to insert the value of datafine.log in a variable. Regards Frncesco edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags for your data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
2 Replies
ae-cvs-ci(1)															      ae-cvs-ci(1)

NAME
ae-cvs-ci - checkin a change set to CVS SYNOPSIS
ae-cvs-ci project-name change-number DESCRIPTION
The ae-cvs-ci command is used to check an Aegis change set into CVS. This script is a short wrapper around the ae-repo-ci(1) command. This is usually used in the integrate pass notify command project attribute, as in integrate_pass_notify_command = "$bin/ae-cvs-ci $project $change"; EXIT STATUS
The ae-cvs-ci command will exit with a status of 1 on any error. The ae-cvs-ci command will only exit with a status of 0 if there are no errors. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See aegis(1) for a list of environment variables which may affect this command. See aepconf(5) for the project configuration file's project_specific field for how to set environment variables for all commands executed by Aegis. COPYRIGHT
ae-cvs-ci version 4.24.3.D001 Copyright (C) 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Peter Miller The ae-cvs-ci program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'ae-cvs-ci -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'ae-cvs-ci -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: millerp@canb.auug.org.au //* WWW: http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/ Reference Manual Aegis ae-cvs-ci(1)