Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check duplicate entries in file ? (Solaris-9) Post 302999157 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 14th of June 2017 11:36:03 AM
Old 06-14-2017
It works.
Ensure there are db.file db.file command arguments (needs to read the file twice),
and use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk!
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check host file for duplicate entries

I need a KSH script that will check a host file for duplicate IP's and/or host names and report out the errors. Anyone out there have one they would like to share? Something like: Hostname blahblah appears X times IP Address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx appears X times TIA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThreeDot
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of Duplicate Entries from the file

I have a file which consists of 1000 entries. Out of 1000 entries i have 500 Duplicate Entires. I want to remove the first Duplicate Entry (i,e entire Line) in the File. The example of the File is shown below: 8244100010143276|MARISOL CARO||MORALES|HSD768|CARR 430 KM 1.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to check file size in solaris?

Hi All I m having a file , path is /usr/Image/test how i can get size of the "test" file? is there any command for that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate entries /.rhosts file

Hi All, I have one problem related to /.rhosts file. According to my understanding, /.rhosts file is used for "rsh". What will happen if I have duplicate entries in this file? e.g> my .rhosts file looks like Code: wcars42g wcars89j wcars42g wcars42b wcars42b Will duplicate entries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

duplicate entries /.rhosts file

Hi, I forgot how to start a new thread. :( Can somebody please guide me? I have one problem related to /.rhosts file. According to my understanding, /.rhosts file is used for "rsh". What will happen if I have duplicate entries in this file? e.g> my .rhosts file looks like wcars42g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash_mahakode
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check duplicate elements

hi if i have arry with lots of intergers , how to check if there is duplicate integers in perl ? say I ahve @intergers=( 1,2,3,3,4,5,4,99,99,100) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james94538
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting duplicate entries in a file using awk

Hi, I have a very big (with around 1 million entries) txt file with IPv4 addresses in the standard format, i.e. a.b.c.d The file looks like 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.1 10.1.2.4 10.1.2.4 12.1.5.6 . . . . and so on.... There are duplicate/multiple entries for some IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajal.bhatia
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries with duplicate numbers in first row

Hi I have a file 1 xyz 456 1 xyz 456 1 xyz 456 2 abc 8459 3 gfd 657 4 ghf 658 4 ghf 658 I want the output 1 xyz 456 2 abc 8459 3 gfd 657 4 ghf 658 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check to identify duplicate values at first column in csv file

Hello experts, I have a requirement where I have to implement two checks on a csv file: 1. Check to see if the value in first column is duplicate, if any value is duplicate script should exit. 2. Check to verify if the value at second column is between "yes" or "no", if it is anything else... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

On Solaris, without stat, how to check how old a file is?

Hi, How do I check how old a file is? That is, is it 1 day old, 1 year old, generated x hours ago? Currently, I receive a supposed to be daily report and in the last few times, it has not been recent, that is instead of the one generated for the day, it is one that was created yesterday or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
largefile(5)						Standards, Environments, and Macros					      largefile(5)

NAME
largefile - large file status of utilities DESCRIPTION
A large file is a regular file whose size is greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). A small file is a regular file whose size is less than 2 Gbyte. Large file aware utilities A utility is called large file aware if it can process large files in the same manner as it does small files. A utility that is large file aware is able to handle large files as input and generate as output large files that are being processed. The exception is where additional files are used as system configuration files or support files that can augment the processing. For example, the file utility supports the -m option for an alternative "magic" file and the -f option for a support file that can contain a list of file names. It is unspecified whether a utility that is large file aware will accept configuration or support files that are large files. If a large file aware utility does not accept configuration or support files that are large files, it will cause no data loss or corruption upon encountering such files and will return an appropriate error. The following /usr/bin utilities are large file aware: adb awk bdiff cat chgrp chmod chown cksum cmp compress cp csh csplit cut dd dircmp du egrep fgrep file find ftp getconf grep gzip head join jsh ksh ln ls mdb mkdir mkfifo more mv nawk page paste pathchck pg rcp remsh rksh rm rmdir rsh sed sh sort split sum tail tar tee test touch tr uncompress uudecode uuencode wc zcat The following /usr/xpg4/bin utilities are large file aware: awk cp chgrp chown du egrep fgrep file grep ln ls more mv rm sed sh sort tail tr The following /usr/xpg6/bin utilities are large file aware: getconf ls tr The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file aware: install mkfile mknod mvdir swap See the USAGE section of the swap(1M) manual page for limitations of swap on block devices greater than 2 Gbyte on a 32-bit operating sys- tem. The following /usr/ucb utilities are large file aware: chown from ln ls sed sum touch The /usr/bin/cpio and /usr/bin/pax utilities are large file aware, but cannot archive a file whose size exceeds 8 Gbyte - 1 byte. The /usr/bin/truss utilities has been modified to read a dump file and display information relevant to large files, such as offsets. cachefs file systems The following /usr/bin utilities are large file aware for cachefs file systems: cachefspack cachefsstat The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file aware for cachefs file systems: cachefslog cachefswssize cfsadmin fsck mount umount nfs file systems The following utilities are large file aware for nfs file systems: /usr/lib/autofs/automountd /usr/sbin/mount /usr/lib/nfs/rquotad ufs file systems The following /usr/bin utility is large file aware for ufs file systems: df The following /usr/lib/nfs utility is large file aware for ufs file systems: rquotad The following /usr/xpg4/bin utility is large file aware for ufs file systems: df The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file aware for ufs file systems: clri dcopy edquota ff fsck fsdb fsirand fstyp labelit lockfs mkfs mount ncheck newfs quot quota quotacheck quotaoff quotaon repquota tunefs ufsdump ufsrestore umount Large file safe utilities A utility is called large file safe if it causes no data loss or corruption when it encounters a large file. A utility that is large file safe is unable to process properly a large file, but returns an appropriate error. The following /usr/bin utilities are large file safe: audioconvert audioplay audiorecord comm diff diff3 diffmk ed lp mail mailcompat mailstats mailx pack pcat red rmail sdiff unpack vi view The following /usr/xpg4/bin utilities are large file safe: ed vi view The following /usr/xpg6/bin utility is large file safe: ed The following /usr/sbin utilities are large file safe: lpfilter lpforms The following /usr/ucb utilities are large file safe: Mail lpr The following /usr/lib utility is large file safe: sendmail SEE ALSO
lf64(5), lfcompile(5), lfcompile64(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Nov 2003 largefile(5)