Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logic to separate the first name in the file Post 302999050 by ricky-row on Monday 12th of June 2017 11:26:04 PM
Old 06-13-2017
Logic to separate the first name in the file

Hi any logic to write a shell script to go back up into the previous directory and it has "n" number of files like abc-1.0.1.rpm , xyz-3.2.1.rpm , a-bd-2.3.1.rpm etc.. with same pattern. I need the first name of it before the numeric starts (which can acts as a delimiter) i.e(-1.0.1)

Kindly share your inputs.

I have a directory called test with files abc-1.1.rpm, bdf-2.12.rpm, xz-y-1.02.rpm xyz-3.2.1.rpm , a-bd-2.3.1.rpm, etc.. let be "n" files. I am going to write a script in test/testscript.sh. here this script should come out and check for the files and give me the output to a file with abc,bdf,xz-y. the file can be n numbers.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (sh file) logic to compare contents of one file with another file and output to file

Shell script logic Hi I have 2 input files like with file 1 content as (file1) "BRGTEST-242" a.txt "BRGTEST-240" a.txt "BRGTEST-219" e.txt File 2 contents as fle(2) "BRGTEST-244" a.txt "BRGTEST-244" b.txt "BRGTEST-231" c.txt "BRGTEST-231" d.txt "BRGTEST-221" e.txt I want to get... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
22 Replies
isympy(1)																 isympy(1)

NAME
isympy - interactive shell for SymPy SYNOPSIS
isympy [-c | --console] isympy [ {-h | --help} | {-v | --version} ] DESCRIPTION
isympy is a Python shell for SymPy. It is just a normal python shell (ipython shell if you have the ipython package installed) that exe- cutes the following commands so that you don't have to: >>> from __future__ import division >>> from sympy import * >>> x, y, z = symbols("xyz") >>> k, m, n = symbols("kmn", integer=True) So starting isympy is equivalent to starting python (or ipython) and executing the above commands by hand. It is intended for easy and quick experimentation with SymPy. For more complicated programs, it is recommended to write a script and import things explicitly (using the "from sympy import sin, log, Symbol, ..." idiom). OPTIONS
-c shell, --console=shell Use the specified shell (python or ipython) as console backend instead of the default one (ipython if present or python otherwise). Example: isympy -c python FILES
${HOME}/.sympy-history Saves the history of commands when using the python shell as backend. BUGS
The upstreams BTS can be found at <http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/list> Please report all bugs that you find in there, this will help improve the overall quality of SymPy. SEE ALSO
ipython(1), python(1) 2007-10-8 isympy(1)