Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Red Hat: Error connecting using secure shell Post 302999020 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of June 2017 12:59:25 PM
Old 06-12-2017
Great. Look at the home and .ssh directories permissions (and acl's if any ) on the account that works - both local and remote. Make the one that fails match permissions exactly to the good account. Do that for key files as well. Keyfiles have to match ownership with the owner of the home directory.

This is the most common way to get and fix the result you see. There are lots of other ways things can get broken, but this will get you started. Next step is setting correct key files with correct permissions on key files in the .ssh directory for the bad account. Both servers. Remember, to login from a remote node the place that gets logged into has to have the correct keys from the incoming site in the user's .ssh directory.

See if that will get you going. If not, check back here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat shell

Good morning. I am using RedHat shell. when running the .out file of a program I wrote, I cannot see a terminal with the outputs. I know that the program runs, because the files to be changed are changed. how can I see the terminal (As I see it in windows)? Thanks, Ido. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginodii
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet shell script on red hat 9 cmd line only

i would like to make a shell script (red hat 9 cmd line only) to telnet to my local isp's webmail server on port 25 and send it commands such as helo :) help would be much appreciated, and i found no posts similar that answered my question... the closest i've gotten to an answer from about 8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kypeswith
3 Replies

3. Linux

red hat check error log

Hi All, Where should start checking error on red hat? I want to check error on system, paging, memory, pci, external storage, etc. I few advise will do and highly appreciated. Thanks, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Buffer I/O error in red hat linux boot up

I get error message when boot up red hat linux Buffer I/O error on device hdc ,logical block XX ... /dev/hdc:read failed after 0 of 2048 at 0 : input/output error ..... I paste the /etc/fstab file in here /dev/hdc is cdrom How can I fix it Please advice # cat /etc/fstab # This file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts migration from HP-Unix 11 to Red Hat Linux

We are changing our OS from HP-Unix 11 to Linux Red Hat. We have few k- shell, c - shell and sql scripts which are currently running under HP-Unix 11. Will these scripts work on LINUX as it is? or we need to do any code changes?IS there anyone who have done this kind of migration before?Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phoenix2
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Oracle Listener Error on Red hat 5

Hello everybody, the reason why im posting this thread is because i've installed an oracle test database on RHEL 5, on a localhost (Since it is for test)... the thing is, after i have installed the DB it works just fine, but after i re start it, i get the following errors when i want to go into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blacksteel1988
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

collect red hat linux error logs

Hi, I have two questions,first of all is where can I collect more error logs(the log under /var/log/messages), also give the corresponding explain is grateful.The second one is the log under various versions(such as red hat,suse,etc) is the same or not. Thanks for answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
1 Replies

8. Linux

Error on smbclient login on Red Hat

I have the smbclient installed and I am able to see information from the '-L' option. But when I attempt to login I'm getting the "NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME". I was hoping for help, because I'm not sure what is supposed to go into the smb.conf file. My goal is to transfer files from my Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islanderman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Red Hat and Ubuntu shell scripting

Are basic scripts in awk or bash or perl or other shell scripting languages the same in RHEL red hat as ubuntu? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
MONGOCONNECTIONEXCEPTION(3)						 1					       MONGOCONNECTIONEXCEPTION(3)

The MongoConnectionException class

INTRODUCTION
Thrown when the driver fails to connect to the database. There are a number of possible error messages to help you diagnose the connection problem. These are: o No candidate servers found Thrown when the driver cannot establish a connection to MongoDB (fulfilling the ReadPreferences, if specified). o No server name given. This error occurs if you pass in "" as the server name, probably because of an typo with string interpola- tion, e.g., "$servr" instead of "$server". o failed to get host [hostname] or port [portnum] from [server]. This indicated that the server string was malformed. "[hostname]" and "[portnum]" will be as much as the driver could dicipher of it. o Operation in progress Connecting to the database timed out. o Transport endpoint is not connected Generally means that the connection string isn't correct, the driver couldn't even find the database server. o couldn't determine master No server in a replica set connection was identified as the primary. o couldn't get host info for [server] This indicated that DNS could not resolve the server address you gave. This could easily be caused by a typo, for example, "server" instead of "$server". o Invalid Argument This can be caused by attempting to connect to a machine that is up but that the database isn't actually running on. Make sure that you've started the database server before connecting. o Permission denied This means that the socket could not be opened due to permissions issues. On Red Hat variants, this can be caused by a default setting that does not allow Apache to create network connections. You can override this setting by running: $ /usr/sbin/setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1 If the error message is not listed above, it is probably an error from the C socket, and you can search the web for its usual cause. CLASS SYNOPSIS
MongoConnectionException MongoConnectionExceptionextends MongoException PHP Documentation Group MONGOCONNECTIONEXCEPTION(3)