Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String parsing help across multiple UNIX platforms Post 302998950 by RudiC on Saturday 10th of June 2017 02:06:35 AM
Old 06-10-2017
Wildly guessing on what you might want, how about
Code:
awk '
NR == 1         {for (n=split(PL, PA, "|"); n>0; n--) PAT[PA[n]]
                }
                {for (p in PAT) if (match ($0, p))      {TMP = substr ($0, RSTART, RLENGTH)
                                                         gsub (/^.*=|"|> *$/, "")
                                                         n = split ($0, UN)
                                                         UN[0] = 1 
                                                         getline
                                                         gsub (/<[^>]*>/, "")
                                                         OUT[p] = sprintf ("{\"%s\" %.1f %s}", TMP, UN[n-1] * $0, UN[n]) 
                                                        }
                }
END             {for (p in PAT) print OUT[p]
                }
' PL="Coolant Temp|Actual Air Velocity|Cabinet Temp" file
{"Actual Air Velocity" 869.0 fpm}
{"Coolant Temp" 30.7 C}
{"Cabinet Temp" 36.0 C}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Patch Management over mixed unix platforms

Does anyone know of any tools that manage the rollout of patches across multiple types of Unix platform ( eg Solaris, Aix etc ). I am looking for something that does a similiar job to SMS or WSUS in the Windows world (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Platforms

Hi. Where can i learn, Which Unix platform specific for what? Properties? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enrgy
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Platforms using Unix

Hi ;) Which hardware platforms/machine types use the Operating System Unix? A list of all would be appreaciated Thx Megadrink :cool: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Megadrink
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile parsing with variable, multiple criterias among multiple lines

Hi all I've been working on a bash script parsing through debug/trace files and extracting all lines that relate to some search string. So far, it works pretty well. However, I am challenged by one requirement that is still open. What I want to do: 1) parse through a file and identify all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminder
3 Replies

6. Programming

How do I find the MAC address in C on different UNIX platforms?

I need to find the MAC address of the ethernet cards on the host machine from the C language. I have found a way to do this on Linux using socket(), ioctl() and the ifreq structure. But this does not seem to work on AIX, HP/UX and probably the others I need (Solaris, SCO, Alpha etc). Is there a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

string parsing using UNIX

I got multple sql files.such as >>vi abc.sql select A.SITENAME, NULL NULL A.CREATE_DTM NULL A.MODIFY_DTM NULL FROM ${STG_RET_ITEM} A INNER JOIN ${STG_INC_COMP} B ON (A.CUSTID=B.CUSTID) LEFT OUTER JOIN ( select C.SITEID,SITESTATUS,MIN_EFF_DT,CURR_ST_DT,MAX_IN_DT,MAX_ACT_DT from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multichecks across all unix platforms

Can somebody refer me following multicheck to perform across most of unix platform like AIX, HP-UX, solaris, Linux. CPU utilization above X% Check IO above X% Swap usage check above X% Memory utilization above X% ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendtoshailesh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific string parsing in Linux/UNIX

Hi, I have a string which can be completely unstructred. I am looking to parse out values within that String. Here is an example <Random Strings> String1=<some number a> String2=<some number b> String3=<some number c> Satish=<some number d> String4=<some number e> I only want to parse out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishrao
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing OSX UNIX command results which print in multiple lines

from the CLI on a Mac, if you type networksetup -listallnetworkservices then you get results in a multi-line paragraph that look something like this: networksetup -listallnetworkservices An asterisk (*) denotes that a network service is disabled. Wi-Fi Display Ethernet Bluetooth DUN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
7 Replies
XML-XREAD(1)							   User Commands						      XML-XREAD(1)

NAME
xml-xread - Parse XML documents with entity and URI resolution SYNOPSIS
xml-xread [options] xmlfile DESCRIPTION
xml-xread is a simple command line tool for parsing and validating XML documents. It is not an actual XML parser, it just wraps around a JAXP XMLReader, adding support for catalog-based entity and URI resolution. OPTIONS
-c catalogfile Load a particular catalog file. May be specified multiple times. -v Perform a validating parse. This is the default. -w Perform a well-formed parse, not a validating parse. -N Perform a namespace-aware parse. This is the default. -n Perform a namespace-ignorant parse. -d debuglevel Set the debug level (an integer). Warnings are shown if the debug level is set to greater than 2. -E maxerrors Set the maximum number of errors to display. The default is 10. FILES
/etc/java/resolver/CatalogManager.properties The central catalog manager configuration file used by xml-xread. SEE ALSO
xml-parse(1), xml-resolver(1), java(1), the OASIS entity resolution technical committee home page at <http://www.oasis-open.org/commit- tees/entity/>. AUTHOR
Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM> 1.1 July 2004 XML-XREAD(1)