Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to search strings every 15 minutes Post 302998859 by sri1999 on Thursday 8th of June 2017 05:58:43 PM
Old 06-08-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
What exactly are unhappy about? The time variable is 1036 and it fails the test to fall between 7:00h and 9:00h. The message given is a bit unfortunate, but the execution is as programmed - mayhap not as intended.

1. What do you mean by "run auto without any execution"? An extension is NOT needed.
2. shebang is fine but not compulsory.
Thanks a lot to help me find the issue will it run every 15 min interval ?If will change the time variable

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for strings

I am trying to replace the word ACTIVE with 2002 in a file and I am getting the following error. Does anyone know what this means? $ sed "s/ACTIVE/2002" mydata.txt > yourdata.txt sed: 0602-404 Function s/ACTIVE/2002 cannot be parsed. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert minutes to hours, minutes, seconds

How would you convert lets say a 1000 minutes to hours, minutes, seconds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vozx
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between strings with an OR

Hi have Input in this way KEY AAAA BBBB END1 KEY AAAA BBBB END2 KEY AAAA BBBB END3 I need to find any thing matching in between KEY And ending with "END1|END2|END3" This didnot work awk '/KEY/,/END1|END2|END3/' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search with 2 strings.

Hi, i have a file a.txt like -------------------------------- col1|col2|col3 data1|data2|data3 other1|other2|other3 -------------------------------- i need to search 2 strings(data in a.txt file is case sesnsitive), suppose data1 and data2. If these 2 strings found then only i need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes

Hi Can some one please help me How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes I have used the command find . -mmin -5 and it does not work i get an error -mmin is bad option Please help Much regards Tarun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarundeepdhawan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between 2 strings

Guys any pointers on how to search between 2 sets date strings with time in the below file example :- 02-Feb-2010 23:12:09 GMT event_type::event_details_are_like_this 02-Feb-2010 09:10:29 GMT event_type::event_details_are_like_this 03-Feb-2010 11:12:19 GMT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search between two search strings and print the value

Based on the forums i have tried with grep command but i am unable to get the required output. search this value /*------ If that is found then search for temp_vul and print and also search until /*------- and print new_vul Input file contains: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to search for a pattern in 30 minutes from a log file

Hello All, I have to write a script which will search for diffrent patterns like "Struck" "Out of Memory" , etc from a log file in Linux box's. Now I will be executing a cron job to find out the results by executing the script once in every 30 minutes. suppose time is 14-04-29:05:31:09 So I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shubhasis Mathr
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert days hours minutes seconds to minutes?

Hi, please help with below time conversion to minutes. one column values: 2 minutes 16 seconds 420 msec 43 seconds 750 msec 0 days 3 hours 29 minutes 58 seconds 480 msec 11 seconds 150 msec I need output in minutes(total elapsed time in minutes) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramu.badugula
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file for the last 5 minutes of contents every 5 minutes

Hi all, System Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS i have the following log INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,099 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/8550614e-3e94-4fa5-9ab2-135eefa69c1b HTTP/1.0" 500 2042 INFO 2019-02-07 15:13:31,569 module.py:700] default: "POST /join/6cb9c452-dcb1-45f3-bcca-e33f5d450105... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
15 Replies
sagasu(1)																 sagasu(1)

NAME
sagasu - GNOME tool to find strings in multiple files SYNOPSIS
sagasu [string [dir]] DESCRIPTION
sagasu is a GNOME tool to find strings in a set of files. The user specifies the search directory and the set of files to be searched. Double-clicking on a search result launches a user command that can for example load the file in an editor at the appropriate line. The search can recurse into subdirectories and can optionally ignore CVS directories. Two optional command-line arguments can be given: the first is the initial search string and the second is the directory whose files will be searched. If only one argument is given, it is taken as the search string. No search is actually started, but the appropriate fields are initialized. Any subsequent arguments are ignored. More documentation is available through the application's Help menu. OPTIONS
--help display a help page and exit --version display version information and exit LICENSE
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. This program has absolutely no warranty. AUTHOR
Pierre Sarrazin See the Sagasu Home Page: http://sarrazip.com/dev/sagasu.html BUGS
The files to be searches are still assumed to be in Latin-1, not in UTF-8. The same goes for the command-line arguments and the terminal to which Sagasu is connected, if applicable. HISTORY
Sagasu is a Japanese word that means "to search." June 19th, 2010 sagasu(1)