Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How disabling GPU?
Special Forums Hardware How disabling GPU? Post 302998858 by _Fabio_79 on Thursday 8th of June 2017 05:12:21 PM
Old 06-08-2017
... The dmesg pasted regards the boot sequence with radeon kernel module enable (the long boot..)

Last edited by _Fabio_79; 06-09-2017 at 03:28 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Tracing the GPU usage

Hello, Can give me some tips to trace the GPU usage on a solaris8 update7 box? I try to understand why a Cadcam app is so slow on my Solaris box compared to a win$ box. I guess it comes from the poor graphic card I have but i would like to emphasize it. My bench is 150sec long on a Solaris... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solea
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPU and CUDA

Hi , i want begin programming using CUDA which enviroment can i get .I don't have desktop to buy GPU graphics card. what should to do to get CUDA enviroment. i'm thinking to buy desktop has this card or laptop (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scotch
1 Replies

3. Hardware

External GPU issue

Dear all, I set up a external Gforce GPU using the PE4H (Pcie passive adapter) from HWTOOLS.NET. I'm able to add and remove the device doing and The point is the kernel does not initialized the device correctly. Here is what dmesg gives after the scan: lspci -t gives and lspci... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aihake
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Cooler GPU

In one of our computers a Zotac GPU was installed (Zotac GeForce GTX 780 3GB AMP! to be exact) and the processor remained an Intel Core i7 2600. For the processor a new after-market cooler was installed and for the GPU also, together with fans on all case grids. Initially the temperatures as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. Hardware

CUDA GPU terminates process at random instances

I am trying to start troubleshooting an error on a virtual server that uses the ubuntu 14.04 OS. Basically what happens (seeming random) is that the GPU stops processing and terminates. What Imean by seeming random is that for 3 runs there is no error then on run 4 the error appears. It has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

6. Linux

Vfio passtrough gpu, a question about hdmi

The situation videocard n°1 Nvidia Ge-force(used on host linux) videocard n°2 Ati radeon(used on guest windows 7) host is Slackware 14.2,kernel 4.18.15 I had set vfio to pass a ati card to windows7 guest Configure /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf options vfio-pci... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
BLOGD(8)						       The SuSE boot concept							  BLOGD(8)

NAME
blogd - boot logging on /dev/console SYNOPSIS
/sbin/blogd [/dev/realtty] DESCRIPTION
Without argument blogd determines the real underlying character device of /dev/console. blogd spawns a pty/tty pair to reconnect the cur- rent /dev/console with the slave of the pty/tty pair. During writing information from this slave to the real character device a ring buffer is used to hold the information for writing it to an existing logging file. To fetch the real tty of /dev/console the program showconsole(8) can be used. This has the advantage that blogd will not hold the real character device of /dev/console as its controlling tty (would hangup any running getty on that character device). SIGNALS
blogd knows a few signal to contol its behavior. SIGQUIT, SIGINT, and SIGTERM will cause blogd tries to write out the ring buffer and to exit. SIGIO says blogd that now it is able to write on /var/log/boot.msg which means that the file system is mounted read/write and the kernel messages are written to that file. SIGSYS says blogd that it should stop writing to disk but continue to repeat messages to the old devices of the system console. BUGS
blogd needs a mounted /proc and /dev/pts file system and tries to set the controlling tty to stdin if the real character device of /dev/console is not given. After reading /proc blogd tries to restore the status of the controlling tty to avoid problems with getty pro- cesses. This can fail because blogd forks to run in the background as a daemon. FILES
/proc/<pid of blogd>/stat the stat file of the blogd process. /dev/console the system console. /var/log/boot.msg logging file which is created by klogd(8) or dmesg(8). SEE ALSO
showconsole(8), syslogd(8), klogd(8), dmesg(8), proc(5). COPYRIGHT
2000 Werner Fink, 2000 SuSE GmbH Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> 3rd Berkeley Distribution Nov 10, 2000 BLOGD(8)