Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to extract string based on the alignment. Post 302998856 by RudiC on Thursday 8th of June 2017 05:10:43 PM
Old 06-08-2017
Try
Code:
awk '
        {AL = index ($0, "<")
         gsub (/<.?name>|^ */, _)
        }
        {printf "%s%s%s", AL==9?ORS:"", $0, AL==9?"\t":","
        }
END     {printf ORS
        }
' file

EvidenceAttackSystem    EAS.evidencesource,EAS.phase,EAS.operatingsystem,
ShareFolderPermissions    Share,Permissions,
MutationSpeciesVersion    
JPARInstalled    CONTENT_manufaturer.tr,
WindowsCDSDeviceType    DeviceManu,DeviceDetails,
FilteredCanClasses    
JasEventConsumers    Name,System,CommandSpeciesTemplate,CST.evidence_source,CST.attack_phase,CST.operating_system,

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending string to text file based on search string

Hi, I need to append string "Hi" to the beginning of the lines containing some specific string. How can I achieve that? Please help. Malay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to conditionally extract stanzas of a file based on a search string

Dear All, I have a file with the syntax below (composed of several <log ..... </log> stanzas) I need to search this file for a number e.g. 2348022225919, and if it is found in a stanza, copy the whole stanza/section (<log .... </log>) to another output file. The numbers to search for are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitayemi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string from multiple file based on line count number

Hi, I search all forum, but I can not find solutions of my problem :( I have multiple files (5000 files), inside there is this data : FILE 1: 1195.921 -898.995 0.750312E-02-0.497526E-02 0.195382E-05 0.609417E-05 -2021.287 1305.479-0.819754E-02 0.107572E-01 0.313018E-05 0.885066E-05 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: guns
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a string between 2 ref string from a file

Hi, May i ask if someone share some command for extracting a string between 2 ref string in a txt file My objective: i had a file with multiple lines and wants only to extract the string "watch?v=IbkAXOmEHpY" or "watch?v=<11 random character>", when i used "grep 'watch?=*' i got a results per... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract every repeated string between two specific string?

Hello guys, I have problem with hpux shell script. I have one big text file that contains like SOH bla bla bla bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX SOH bla bla bla ETX What I need to do is save first SOH*BLA into file1.txt, save second SOH*BLA into file2.txt and so on.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add Blank Spaces in text, to perform beter alignment of the string

Hi Guru, I need some advice on how to add blank spaces to the code, rather than me just adding <space-bar spaces> which does not work. Current output of the code File System Backed Up - ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES Daily - Incremental Backup Schedule - 1 Month Retention • 7pm - PRD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
2 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. SEE ALSO
lcab(1) October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)