Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is this a Python 3.x.x bug?
Top Forums Programming Is this a Python 3.x.x bug? Post 302998835 by Corona688 on Thursday 8th of June 2017 11:08:37 AM
Old 06-08-2017
I seem to recall you making a thread about this before, and it was determined that printing the return values to stderr was a feature Python does in interactive mode.

As for it returning 15? It's actually very standard to give exit() a code in most languages, if Python didn't it'd be the weird one. And it is documented, here:

Quote:
The optional argument arg can be an integer giving the exit status (defaulting to zero), or another type of object. If it is an integer, zero is considered “successful termination” and any nonzero value is considered “abnormal termination” by shells and the like. Most systems require it to be in the range 0–127, and produce undefined results otherwise.
Yes, the exit value is communicated to BASH, the calling process, that is its function, to tell it whether the program succeeded or failed.

Last edited by Corona688; 06-08-2017 at 12:14 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it a bug ..?

Hi All, I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%. When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

2. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

4. SuSE

"ssh suse-server 'python -V' > python-version.out" not redirecting

Okay, so I have had this problem on openSUSE, and Debian systems now and I am hoping for a little help. I think it has something to do with Python but I couldn't find a proper Python area here. I am trying to redirect the output of "ssh suse-server 'python -V'" to a file. It seems that no matter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Druonysus
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting. I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color. I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell. Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

6. Programming

Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug?

(Apologies for any typos.) OSX 10.12.3 AND Windows 10. This is for the serious Python experts on at least 3.5.x and above... In script format sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() seems to work correctly. Have I found a serious bug in the interactive sys.stdout.write() AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

8. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)