Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Getting started with fixing bugs for Linux Post 302998713 by Corona688 on Tuesday 6th of June 2017 11:31:43 AM
Old 06-06-2017
Lacking extensive internal knowledge of X, Gnome, and File Manager, I can't really say.

I will say that "file manager GUI" is not an "os module". Everything except the kernel is just a program like everything else.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it a bugs for find command? :(

Hi! When i am trying to use find command to seacrh files in current directory, it help me to search for it sub-directory also. Is there anyway to avoid it? I am using unix operating system. My friend told me that only linux did handle this, is it true? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just started linux any advice??

well i just got into this and really dont know anything so if anyone has any reccomendations like books/sites/forums/or just general advice or if anyone wants to help me get started i would really appreciate it thank you very much (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necrons
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Bugs with clock()

Hi there!!! Need your help in solving some tricky problems. Since clock() as such is buggy on SUN OS 5 we have started using gettimeofday() in our RTOS applications based on Solaris 9. The problems we actually encountered previously were - the applications kind of freeze/hang eternally on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

4. Linux

fixing with sed

I am trying to replace the value of $f3 but its not working . I don't know what I am missing here . cat dim_copy.20080516.sql | grep -i "create view" | grep -v OPSDM002 | while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7 f8 f9 do echo " $f3 " sed -e... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started?

Dear Expert Users, VMware Admin Tool is used to create a "clone" of an existing VM RHEL Server. Now, I have a Project where a cloned VM Server image is started for run . Please share what are all configuration changes required to ensure this runs fine ? I will be grateful for quick and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
2 Replies
GNOMAD2(1)							   User Commands							GNOMAD2(1)

NAME
gnomad2 - transfer files between a host and a Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox, Zen jukebox or Dell Digital Jukebox (DJ). SYNOPSIS
gnomad2 [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Gnomad 2 is a GUI built on top of GTK/GNOME 2, id3lib and libnjb that makes it possible to transfer tracks and files from/to a Creative Nomad Jukebox (all brands) and the Dell DJ. It is designed much like an ordinary graphical FTP program, in commander-style. OPTIONS
-D[DEBUGLEVEL] A debug level is a number between 1 and 15, identical to the debug level value of libnjb. --load-modules=[MODULE]... Dynamic modules to load Help options -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message GTK+ --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --display=DISPLAY X display to use --screen=SCREEN X screen to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --name=NAME Program name as used by the window manager --class=CLASS Program class as used by the window manager --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module Bonobo activation support --oaf-ior-fd=FD File descriptor to print IOR on --oaf-activate-iid=IID IID to activate --oaf-private Prevent registering of server with OAF GNOME Library --disable-sound Disable sound server usage --enable-sound Enable sound server usage --espeaker=HOSTNAME:PORT Host:port on which the sound server to use is running --version 2.6.1.1 Session management --sm-client-id=ID Specify session management ID --sm-config-prefix=PREFIX Specify prefix of saved configuration --sm-disable Disable connection to session manager GNOME GUI Library --disable-crash-dialog Disable crash dialog AUTHOR
Written by Linus Walleij. This manual page was written by Shaun Jackman <sjackman@debian.org> for the Debian system. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to Linus Walleij <triad@df.lth.se>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003 Linus Walleij This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
http://gnomad2.sourceforge.net/ Gnome gnomad2 2.8.2 September 2004 GNOMAD2(1)