Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Generic command for Memory usuage on Linux and Solaris Post 302998635 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 5th of June 2017 10:07:01 AM
Old 06-05-2017
Hello mohtashims,

Could you please try top command and let us know if this helps you.

Thanks,
R. Singh

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

monitor memory usuage

Hi, We have HP-UX 11.23 and i want to use glance utility to monitor the memory usuage. Can someone tell me how to sort by memory usuage in glance utility? Thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockcapri
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Generic and Solaris Version

I am going to upgrade RAM in V240, I updated the ALOM with version 1.6 and have will update PROM on boot of server, but RAM needs Solaris 9 8/03 or later and from uname -a I get: SunOS name1 5.9 Generic_117171-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 not sure what version of Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Memory usuage per zone in solaris

Hello all, How can i find the memory usuage per zone in solaris. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophos
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Solaris & Linux memory stress test?

I'm looking for a script or some other application that will use up a lot of memory on a Solaris or Linux server, in order to test a monitoring application. So far I have found a script that's good for CPU usage but it does nothing for memory. I have also tried the application called 'stress'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kraas
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic command for CPU info

Dear all, Is there any generic command working on all Unix listing the CPU of a server? I found different command line per OS but I am looking for a more generic one. Thanks for your answer. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoiffon
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Generic command for disk space usage

Given this directory /web I need to get the current usage (in %) on Linux and Unix both using the same command on bash shell ? The command i tried was working on Unix (solaris) but does not filter the desired same value when run of Linux. My command df -h /web | awk '{print $5}' | sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need generic command to get complete running process details

I am on SunOS and Linux I need generic command to get complete process details from which i will eventually extract socket details (listen address and port) ps -ef | ggrep -i server | ggrep -i mydomaindoes not yield a process that should have both the grep entries along with the listen... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do we have generic solution get process start time in AIX & Linux

I wish to get the process start time on AiX and Linux using the same command / script. I'm able to get the process start time in Linux using the below command: cat /proc/<pid>/stat | grep Modify The same does not work for AiX 6.1 systems. Can you please let me know the command to get... (4 Replies)
4 Replies
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)				       Tk Library Procedures					  Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_MoveToplevelWindow - Adjust the position of a top-level window SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(tkwin, x, y) ARGUMENTS
Tk_Window tkwin (in) Token for top-level window to move. int x (in) New x-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. int y (in) New y-coordinate for the top-left pixel of tkwin's border, or the top-left pixel of the decorative border supplied for tkwin by the window manager, if there is one. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
In general, a window should never set its own position; this should be done only by the geometry manger that is responsible for the win- dow. For top-level windows the window manager is effectively the geometry manager; Tk provides interface code between the application and the window manager to convey the application's desires to the geometry manager. The desired size for a top-level window is conveyed using the usual Tk_GeometryRequest mechanism. The procedure Tk_MoveToplevelWindow may be used by an application to request a particular position for a top-level window; this procedure is similar in function to the wm geometry Tcl command except that negative offsets cannot be speci- fied. It is invoked by widgets such as menus that want to appear at a particular place on the screen. When Tk_MoveToplevelWindow is called it does not immediately pass on the new desired location to the window manager; it defers this action until all other outstanding work has been completed, using the Tk_DoWhenIdle mechanism. KEYWORDS
position, top-level window, window manager Tk Tk_MoveToplevelWindow(3)