Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What does the sed command here exactly doing to csv file? Post 302998601 by cplusplus1 on Sunday 4th of June 2017 04:51:22 PM
Old 06-04-2017
What does the sed command here exactly doing to csv file?

I have the following csv file at the path; now using sed command. what is this exactly doing.

Code:
sed -i 's/[\t]/,/g' /FTP/LAB_RESULT_CM.csv

Thank you very much for the helpful info.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 06-05-2017 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed *.csv from file > newfile with /n

I have a an output file with a format: something blah1.csv blah2.csv blah3.csv somethingelse and I'm trying to use sed to pull all the *.csv entries out and put them 1 per line on a new file. I can't quite figure out how to write them to a new file with carriage returns, is there a simple way... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from a csv file using sed

I am trying to remove the ita from this file: "1234ita","john","smith" "56789ita","jim","thomas" the command i am using is: sed '/^ita/d' infile.csv > outfile.csv it is running but doing nothing, very rarely use sed so trying to learn it any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a script to process a CSV file using SED and AWK

I get a CSV file every day with 2 columns and multiple rows ex: date1,date2 ( both the fields are varchar fields) This data has to be updated in a table which is being done manually and i want to automate that. 1. I have to select all the data from the prod table( 2 columns { date1,date2}) into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing complicated CSV file with sed

Yes, there is a great doc out there that discusses parsing csv files with sed, and this topic has been covered before but not enough to answer my question (unix.com forums). I'm trying to parse a CSV file that has optional quotes like the following: "Apple","Apples, are fun",3.60,4.4,"I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: analog999
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk/sed in handling csv file.

Please study the below script and the output Script: echo "Minimum ${host} ${process} response time=${min} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Maximum ${host} ${process} response time=${max} ms" >> ${OUTDIR}/${OUTFILE}; echo "Average ${host} ${process} response time=${avg} ms" >>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/something else for csv file

Hi, I have a filename.csv in which there are 3 colums, ie: Name ; prefixnumber ; number root ; 020 ; 1234567 user1,2,3 ; 070 ; 7654321 What I want is to merge colum 2 and 3 that it becomes 0201234567 or even better +31201234567 so the country number is used and drop the leading 0.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xml to csv using sed and awk command

Hi Guys, Can you help me in creating shell script using sed,awk etc commands to generate csv file using xml file. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed

Hello folks I have a txt file of information about journal articles from different fields. I need to convert this information into a format that is easier for computers to manipulate for some research that I'm doing on how articles are cited. The file has some header information and then details... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing lines in a csv file with sed

Hi I have a large csv file with lines like below Date,Status,orig,dest,in,out,when,where 2012-01-01 00:30:37,I,48,56,23,98,83,34 2012-06-17 15:00:38,I,72,43,12,65,34,12I will really appreciate if someone can help with a sed script to transpose this to 2012-01-01 00:30:37,I,orig,48... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 last columns in a csv file using sed or perl

Hello everyone, want to merge 2 last columns 3rd and 4rd (if it exists). I have this 1;2;1;1 2;3;1;1 1;1;2 1;2;3;4 1;1;2 1;2;3;1 Desired output: 1;2;1 1 2;3;1 1 1;1;2 1;2;3 4 1;1;2 1;2;3 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satir
3 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)